chapter 6

The door slammed open as the showman stomped n with anger. He walked over to me and slapped me lacrosse my face. He yelled " I thought I told you to  clean out the stadium. You had two days. Now you get punished. " he grabbed my arm and dragged me out. He tied my arms to ropes and beat me with a metal chain.

Jerry was holding penny back from trying to stop him. I tried o hard not cry or show pain. But after he hit me in run cage for the fifteenth time I caved and screamed in pain. I begged him to stop but he yelled back and beat me harder every time. Penny finally broke loose of Jerry and ran in front of me. She fell to her knees nd begged for him to stop. He dropped the chain and picked her up and said " I recommend you walk away now if you don't want her to die. " she ran to Jerry and cried into his white shirt.

The showman slowly walked towards me and slapped me again. Her told Jerry and penny to clean up the mess. He left me tied to the ground on my knees. Every breath I took felt like it was going to be my last. Jerry walked towards me. He was holding a bucket of water a day and bandages. He lifted my shirt and cleaned up the blood off of my torso. The bucket of water turned into a bucket of blood. He bandages up all of my bruises and wounds. He didn't say a word. He gave me water and stayed by me the whole time.

I asked him why he was helping me he replied "I have been here for so long. I have watched people die. When he brought in you and penny I lost hope. I'm done, I'm gonna get us out of here even if I die trying."  I smiled at him and thanked him. I told myself that day every thing was going to be fine. But stupidly enough I didn't know this story ends with blood and tears.