Chapter 8

Izuku felt a bit groggy waking up. Yesterday Recovery girl did have an entire check up with him, finding nothing wrong, he's send off with a gummy candy and a nurse pass. Yamikumo seemed relieved. Shinso had to leave early because he has to focus on 'something' which he doesn't tell Izuku or anyone about. Katsuki volunteers to get him home safe but Yamikumo says they should take turns.

And so Izuku walked home with him. He's still surprised by the number of people who thinks they're brothers or related.

I don't see it too, it's fine.

Thanks Static,

They didn't really talk much aside from small conversations that ended as soon as it started, preferring to keep each other only as company, enjoying the silence around them as they walked. Izuku offers to buy their tickets but Yamikumo insists and actually ends up paying for both of them much to Izuku's dismay.

"Izuku?"

"Y-Yes...?"

"...Don't do things out of obligation, no one is expecting you to be a symbol of peace of anything. We all just care for you, and it's fine to let someone else have the burden." Yamikumo says to him, not looking at him in the eyes.

...

"What do you mean by that...?"

"Just... don't do anything recklessly and on the spot and don't trust things just because you hear them. I'm just saying." Yamikumo mutters, "bye Izuku."

"Bye..."

That was a weird interaction.

When finishing his flashback only then did Izuku notice he's been sitting up for 5 minutes now, no time to waste. He tries to stand up but the first thing he felt is alarming pain everywhere, collapsing to the floor. It felt like was hit by a train or like he jumped off a building, he felt bile crawling up his throat and although it hurts, he stood up and ran to the bathroom, depositing last nights dinner ( shouldn't it have digested now? ) mixed with blood and bile in the toilet.

It left a very bitter taste in his mouth that he would want to get rid off as soon as possible. He practically had to crawl in his shower and had to most do things sitting down because that's how much his body hurts. He wants to skip school- he probably should skip school but...

You can do it Izuku, you have to go to school today.

Why?

...You can't miss today's class.

But why? I'm really sick.... I really don't want to go to school today Static...

...I'm sorry I can't tell but... I... I really want to check something out and I need you to be in school at this day for it to happen.

But why? Aren't you atleast going to tell me that whole detail of it?

Don't you trust me?

Izuku bit his lip, sighing, with all the pain included, he did his usual morning routine. Taking a shower, brushing his teeth. And eating breakfast.

Yeah, it was the hardest to do out of all, the pain was so unbearable, each time he swallowed the perfect warm meal his mother made it felt like it wanted to get out as quick, the heavy pressure on his chest, his sensitive and sore throat, the feeling of being bloated, the taste of bile that he quickly swallows even as it floods his mouth- the disgusting feeling of swallowing down your vomit when all it wants is to get out.

Izuku smiled at his mom, bid her good bye. He made it to about their gate before he had to run to a bush to expel all his dinner out, it feels so good and so disgusting to feel it out of his throat.