Chapter 10

Sports Festival is coming right up, I'm gonna need you to train.

"Static, I'm literally vomiting blood and every meal I had for about every single day in this week now."

Which is why we're training you.

"How is this gonna help me, Static I'm literally too weak to even get out of my bed right now, it's the weekends, please let me rest."

It's only what you think.

"Static I swear to god if you wake me up to-"

Just kidding.

Izuku grumbles, leaning unto Static, just wanting to have a friend and to know that someone is willing to comfort him if needed- well as soon as he stops trying to make Izuku train when his body is on the verge of breaking apart. Holding unto Static is kind of weird- it's actually Static who's hugging him right now because Static can touch him like he's a physical object but if he tries, his hand passes through static and there's a constant buzz of electricity on where Static was touching.

It's a low, vibrating buzz that feels a lot like a massager or something, it feels really good against stiff necks and shoulders.

Your friends will be competing in the sports fest, you should join, just to not worry them and stuff,

"Ugh I get it, fine I'll train but we have like a month, can I please rest for now?"

...So tomorrow-

"Static if you make me work out tomorrow I don't care I will choke you."

You can't do that.

"Who said that I can't? I tried to give you hugs before but I've never tried to choke you."

Please don't try to choke me.

"Then don't try me." Izuku groans, "come a little closer, ugh my body hurts."

Static does, practically pressing to Izuku chest to chest into a tight hug.

I really promise that training yourself will be good for you. Like really really. The best thing to do right now is have you train so in the sports fest you'll be back to your normal self.

"And how is that going to work?"

Just trust me.

"Last time I trusted you, you made me go to school to make a hero name and to get interviewed by a detective. Literally nothing good happened that day, Static.  My friends worried for me so much and everyone got suspicious of me."

Okay but seriously, seriously I promise, if you train you'll really feel better.

"Really?"

"Promise?"

Promise.

Static says, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his forehead, Izuku sighs, really wanting to hug his friend back yet can't.

"I really don't want to."

It's for your own good. Trust me, you'll feel better.