Chapter 10

The voice sounded like Ladybug's, but Adrien could tell it wasn't her. The voice was slow, and when Adrien turned around to see who it was, he saw the same exact Ladybug.

Ladybug stood there, grinning at him. He backed away, his back hitting the closed door.

This isn't Ladybug! This isn't Ladybug!

He repeatedly told himself. He could tell it wasn't Ladybug, but anyone would have been fooled and think it was. That is if they didn't look at her feet.

She had no feet.

"Oh... Adrien... You... Came to... Join the... Party?!"

"How do you know my name?" Adrien asked. It was his first time meeting this creature, and it was probably the first time the creature was meeting him.

"Who... Doesn't?..."

Adrien reached for the knob to open the door, but the fake Ladybug seemed to have realized it, and laughed.

"Bad... Idea... Kids... Outside..."

"What do you mean by that?" Adrien asked, removing his hand from the knob. "Kids outside?"

Then he heard it, and it frightened him. Kids were banging on the door, trying to knock it down.

"F... Food..." The repeatedly cried out. "Come... Out... Food!..."

"Ah," Adrien backed away. He then felt something slimey touch his arm and pulled him away from the door. He realized that the fake Ladybug was dragging him away.

"Bait..." Was the only one she said, before they disappeared.

-

"I see it!" Chloe yelled. "My phone!" But then she stopped, the others stopping along with her.

There, picking up the phone, was a kid. The kid looked up, and he stretched out a wide grin when he saw them.

"F... Food!" He pointed at them. And then he did something weird. He started stomping his foot, and banging on the wall. It was when another kid came out that they knew what he was doing.

The little girl with her big eyes looked up at them, having the same grin as the boy. She took the phone from the boy, still looking at them.

"Want... This?" She asked.

Chloe nodded. "Give me back my phone!"

The girl then threw the phone at the wall, breaking the screen. Then she pointed at it.

"Go... Get... It!..."

"Chloe, don't!" Marinette yelled as Chloe stepped out a foot to walk over to her broken phone.

Chloe stopped, then walked back to the group, this time sticking close to the man, as she felt scared something was going to happen to her.

The girl and boy opened their wide mouths, each yelling, "food... Food... Come here... Food!.."

"This is where we make a run for it!" Alya yelled, turning back and running away. The others followed her, including the boy and the girl that were chasing after them.

Then suddenly they started fading away. The girls and man stopped to stare as the kids faded away.

"Water!" Someone yelled. "Water destroys them!"

It was Max, who had a bottle of water. He laughed to himself. "Never thought we'd find what destroys them so easily. But we need more water!"

The boys walked away from the others, the girls and man looking confused.

"They saw the monsters. How come they didn't see us?" Mylene asked, getting frustrated. "They clearly saw the monsters. Why not us?!"

"I think I know what's going on!" Marinette spoke. "The boys can see some of the monsters, but not us. We can see every monsters and them. This is all a trick. The person who is playing with us is trying to make us so frustrated so much that we'll give up."

"So are you trying to say?..." Alya looked back at the boys that were walking away.

"Yes. The boys are real," Marinette sighed. "They probably came here to get us out, but what's the point now? They can't even see us. We just have to get out on our own."

"But did you see that?" Chloe pouted. "Adrien wasn't with them! Before he was, but now he isn't."

Marinette realized she was right. "He might have gotten lost. We have to find him!"

"Also, we have to see if we can find more water," Alya added. "Water destroys them."

"Alright. At least we have something to do instead of just walking around," Sabrina followed the girls as they too started walking away.

"Hmm," Juleka held up her hand. "Basement." She said.

The others looked at her. "What?!"

"The basement. Scary movies always have some kid of basement or attic or something scary like that. It's also where answers lies," Juleka said. "Guys! We have to find the basement!"