Chapter 12

Is this it? Marinette looked down the stairs. Are these the stairs we've been looking for? She turned to the others with the question everyone else had been thinking.

"Should we go?"

Juleka took the first step. She started slowly walking down. "Follow me."

"Sure," Chloe growled. "At least you'll be the first to get eaten if there are any monsters down there."

Juleka ignored her as she took more steps. Marinette followed next, after her. Alya took a deep breath and went in after her.

"You all are asking for death!" Chloe warned. "Don't go down! I swear you'll get eaten there!"

Marinette turned back. "Aw, is Chloe worrying about us?" She smirked, seeing Chloe's face.

The man followed, and soon the others were going down as well.

After 15 minutes, they were still walking down the long staircase. They groaned. Their backs hurt. They wondered if they were ever going to get there.

Finally Juleka took the last step, and looked around her. It looked like a normal basement, only the words on the wall were different from basements.

Blood... Death... Food... No... were a few words on the wall.

The last person, Sabrina, finally got down the stairs, looking around as well.

"Alright," Alya sighed. "Let's start the search..."

-

"I'm feeling pretty tired," Kim groaned as he bent his back. "We've been looking for Adrien for like... Almost an hour. Why did that kid even run off?"

"Guys," Max suddenly stopped. "What if Adrien isn't here?"

"What do you mean?" Nino stopped to look at the boy who was thinking hard.

"Well, you know how Adrien said he wanted to go somewhere, you know, when we were still outside?" Max asked, and the other boys nodded. "What if he got away from us outside?"

"That does make sense," Ivan nodded. "Why?"

"He was probably being a chicken," Kim chuckled, then started making chicken noises.

"Kim, stop," Nino folded his arms, getting annoyed. "It does make sense, but let's keep looking for him and the girls." He was not about to be mistaken and think that his friend was still outside.

"Fine." The boys started following Nino, as Nino led them around a corner.

"Hey, look," Nino pointed. The boys looked to see an opened door. Nino started walking towards the door, the others following slowly.

"Argh!" Ivan quickly looked away at what they saw. A head of some girl was at the front of the door. The rest of the body was still inside the room, hanging from the ceiling.

"I think I know who this is," Nino bent down, closer to the head. He used a stick to turn it and saw the face properly. "Molly!"

"Who's that?" Kim asked, disgusted at the dead face in front of him.

"She was the last babysitter here," Nino explained. "And I guess the kids have already finished her off."

Or so he thought.

The face, that had had her eye closed, suddenly opened the eye. The boys backed away at the weird looking face that was missing some body parts.

It looked like the face was staring at them with her one eye. Her other eye, wasn't there apparently.

"Outtttt...." She slurred. "Get... Out..."

"I wonder if those monstrous kids have turned her into a monster." Kim snatched Max's bottle of water, which was now half empty. He poured the rest of the water on Molly's face.

Apparently nothing happened to her face, only her mouth, which slipped off.

"I wanted her to tell us more things," Nino turned back to Kim, "but look what you did now."

"We better just listen to her and get out of here," Kim threw the empty bottle back at Max, who didn't bother to catch it.

"What about the girls?" Nathaniel asked.

"The girls? What if they've already escaped?" Kim suggested. "We haven't seen them ever since we stepped inside here. Rose is still out there's waiting for us. What if the girls got out, and Rose told them that we were still in here. And then the girls would come in here again, looking for us? Hmm, what if?"

"Kim... I hate the what if game," Max told him. "They could not be out yet."

"They could-"

They were interrupted by a loud cranking noise. The boys turned back, and backed away in surprise at what was in front of them.

A monster girl held up the bottle Kim had threw. She glared at them.

"I... Hate... Noise!...!"