Chapter 18

They heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Voices exclaiming they were hungry. Ladybug and Cat Noir stepped away from the stairs when she caught the first monster approaching.

"Ha!" Fake Ladybug laughed. "Beat that!"

Cat Noir grabbed his baton, ready to fight. Ladybug turned to Fake Ladybug, ready to fight!

As more monsters came from the stairs, Cat Noir tried his best to not make them come close, because some children and some girls were still in here.

"Please save us, Ladybug!" Chloe chanted. "Please save us."

The basement wasn't that small, but it wasn't that big either. The fake and real Ladybug were at the other end of the basement. Cat Noir and the monster kids were on the other end, where the stairs were. The kids, girls, and man stood by the side, not to close to the monsters and not to close to the fake Ladybug.

Using his baton, Cat Noir hit most of the monster kids, but then he noticed something. As he hit them and made them fall to the floor, blood dripping out of them, they revived again, showing Cat Noir that they could never to beaten to death.

What? How do you kill these monsters?

"Water!" Alya yelled. "Water destroys them!"

Water? Well, shouldn't this be easy then?

"No! How did you know it was water?!" The fake Ladybug yelled. I made my monsters to be strong, but I never thought about what could defeat them. Turns out they already found out it was water.

The fake Ladybug raised her hand in front of Ladybug, back smoke coming from it.

Black smoke started filling in the whole room, making them cough, except for the fake Ladybug and her monster kids.

But Cat Noir was still able to see. But as he hit the monster kids, he knew he was not getting anywhere with it.

-

They had been looking for monsters to kill. Or at least, the woman had been looking for monsters to smash.

Rose wasn't quite ready to go deeper into the building, but having to stick to the group, she followed them, looking around everywhere to make sure no monsters were going to jump on her.

"Where are those bloody monsters?!" The woman yelled.

"Well, at least we have someone who is ready to fight," Max said to Nino. "She could be quite scary when she's angry."

The boys had made Rose and the woman some monster masks. But even with the masks on, the woman was still yelling that she was going to kill some monsters, and Rise was still being afraid a monster was going to jump on her.

"Hey, look," Nino suddenly pointed. It was a room that had its door wide opened. Monster kids were going in it, and black smoke came out of the room.

The kids didn't attack them, and they soon remembered that they were still wearing their monster masks.

Max walked up to the line of monster kids in a zombie-like way as best as he could, then he joined the line, saying, "food... Food... Give me food..."

Nino nodded at the other, before they joined the line as well, doing what Max was doing. They had to stop the woman from punching a monster kid, after all if she did, then the kids would know that she wasn't a monster.

They started walking down some stairs. With the zombie-like walking, it took them extra longer to get down than it should have.

There they saw most of their friends, and the two superheroes.

As soon as they stepped down the last step, they walked to the side as monster kids fought Cat Noir.

"It's too much!" Cat Noir yelled.

They started coughing. It seemed like the monster kids could see through the black smoke.

"Water," Nino whispered to the others. "We have to find water!"