Chapter 20

The monster caught it first...

They gasped. The monsters made crackling noises as they tried to laugh.

"Yes, good job, my beautiful monster," the fake Ladybug laughed, pointing at Ladybug. "Now your key is ours. We will win this."

"Hey, don't forget you're practically locked up in a cage," Cat Noir said, frowning and folding his arms.

The monster that had caught the key, held in tight, and then turned to Max. Max backed away as the monster walked forward.

"Oh no, Max is in trouble!" Alix yelled.

Ladybug gulped. I have to do something! Anything!

The monster grabbed Max's hand as Max yelled for help. And then the monster started dragging him inside the wall that had opened up.

Ladybug glared. I have to do something! She told herself again. She looked back at Cat Noir and whispered something the others couldn't hear. Cat Noir have her a thumbs up.

Talking a step back as the monsters got closer, the both of them suddenly too a leap, landing on a monster's slimey head. The slimey head showed that the monster had been hit so many times, but kept reviving.

They hopped on one head to another, the kids trying to catch them. One made a reach to grab Ladybug's leg, but was only able to touch her instead of grabbing.

Finally they reached the end, and hopped down from a head. Cat Noir made sure no monster would attack the others that were actually human; the girls, man, and the real kids.

Ladybug went in the hole, yelling for Max's name. What she saw there though, had her eyes going wide.

There wasn't any monster anymore. Instead there was a girl, who was holding onto a fake monster mask. Max was also okay, so as the others.

"What's going on here?" Ladybug asked.

Max stepped forward. "Allow me to introduce our new friend. This is Emma, the one who gave us the idea to pretend to be monsters in order to fool the real monsters.

"Huh?" Ladybug frowned. "So the monster that had caught the key wasn't actually a real monster?" Wow!

Max, who was holding on to the key, stepped back. The others moved to reveal a door.

"We needed the key to be able too open up this door," Max explained as he tried unlocking the door. The door opened and water came out.

"What?!"

The water started filling the room, getting bigger and bigger. Cat Noir frowned as the kids he had been fighting starting fading away.

"No!" The fake Ladybug yelled, getting up from the cage. How did... How did they find that room?!

"That room was filled with all the water in this building," Rose realized as she got soaked with water.

The water got to the fake Ladybug, and her cape fell in pieces, the dark butterfly coming out of it.

"The water is getting deeper," Nino yelled.

"And it's almost time from us to exchange back," Ladybug yelled as her earrings beeped for the forth time. Since Cat Noir had used his cataclysm second, his ring was beeping for the third time.

Ladybug ran to the cage, the water underneath her making her slower. She took out her yoyo, and turned to the dark butterfly that was flying around.

"Time to de-evilize!" She yelled. She flunged her yoyo at the butterfly, feeling her transformation wearing off as her earrings beeped for the fifth time.

She was able to purify the butterfly first, before her transformation wore off completely.

"Marinette?!"

There was no need to hide it anymore. She ran to the stairs, yelling for the others to quickly go up and get out.

The fake Ladybug, who had de-transformed back, didn't know what was happening, watching as many slimey kids faded away, but she followed the other upstairs anyways.

By the time Cat Noir reached up to the top of the stairs, his transformation wore off as well, the boys gasping at him.

"Does anyone remember the way to the front door?" Mylene asked, looking around.

The pictures and words on the wall started fading, as if water had been poured on it.

Emma raised her hand. "I do," and she started leading the way.