What are friends for

Oh, I just loved the look on Malfoy's face, he thought he had us...but NOPE we outsmarted him, well maybe a little bit of luck, but we're going to say we outsmarted him.

I decided to sit with Harry and Ron today so we could discuss what had happened last night.

"It's either really valuable or really dangerous," Ron said.

"Or both" Harry and I said in unison.

I looked over at Hermione, I felt bad that she and Neville were involved with all of this when they didn't ask for it.

I tried to get her attention but she wouldn't even look at us anymore, but Neville still talked to us, he's so sweet, but now he has a big fear of dogs, can't really blame him though.

The owls were soaring in and giving some kids their letters, but then I see two very large packages coming, wonder who those are for...

Then the two packages came towards Harry and I, and both of the packages fell and dropped right in front of us. 

We actually got something, we never get anything.

I saw a letter and decided to open it up, and luckily I did because it said
"DO NOT OPEN THE PARCEL AT THE TABLE. It contains your new Nimbus Two Thousand, but I don't want everybody knowing you and your brother got a broomstick or they'll all want one.  Cedric Diggory will be meeting you tonight on the quidditch field at seven ó clock for your first training session
Professor McGonagall"

My eyes gleamed up and I had a big smile on my face, I looked over at McGonagall and she gave me a rare smile.

I could tell Harry wanted to open it so we went out of the great hall with Ron and open our new broomstick
It looked amazing, maybe I could add some design to my broom make it look even more, what's the word...Rose-like.

I felt my broom be snatched out of my hand.

"That's a broomstick," said Malfoy, of course, he would be here when something good happens.

He threw my broomstick back at me, but I could tell he was jealous, that we had a broomstick and he didn't.

"You'll be in for it this time, Potters, first years aren't allowed them."

"It's not any old broomstick," Ron jumped in "It's a Nimbus Two Thousand. What did you say you've got at home, Malfoy, a Comet Two Sixty?" Ron grinned at us, I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"What would you know about it, Weasley, you couldn't afford half the handle, I suppose you and your brother have to save up twig by twig" Malfoy snapped back at him.

Before Ron could answer, Professor Flitwick appeared at Malfoy's elbow
"Not arguing, I hope, children" he squeaked.

"Potters been sent a broomstick, Professor," said Malfoy quickly.

"Yes, yes, that's right," said Professor Flitwick beaming at us, "Professor McGonagall told me all about the special circumstances, and what model is it?"

"Nimbus Two Thousand" Harry and I said in unison, I was trying my hardest not to laugh, it was so funny to see the shocked look on Malfoy's face.

"And it's really thanks to Malfoy here that we've got them" I added, smirking at the end. 

Malfoy looked like he wanted to strangle me, but of course, because Professor Flitwick was there, he couldn't touch me.

Harry, Ron and I ran upstairs and started bursting out laughing...it was the best time I had in a while.