Your smile...

"Tell me, Nurse, will I live?" I said acting all dramatic.
"Sweetie, you're fine, you just hurt your arm," Said the nurse.
"But will l live?"
"Rose, stop acting around, you're fine."
"But it makes people laugh," I said, with a small chuckle.

I had to go to Madam Pomfrey so she could fix my arm after that Bludger hit me, my arm was starting to turn purple, even though purple is my favorite color, I don't want my arm looking like a grape.

"Sure Rose, what's ever makes you happy" Cedric was sitting next to me watching Madam Pomfrey do her magic.

"Well, it looks like I fixed everything that I could, just make sure it rest for about 3 days, oh and sorry I was able to heal your hand, but the scar will still be there for a while," Madam Pomfret told us.

Dang...I was really hoping she could just make it go away.

"Thank you Madam Pomfrey, I really appreciate it," I said.
"No problem sweetie, now go on and see your friends," She said and directed us to the door.

"Well, at least I can move my arm without any pain," I said looking at Cedric, he still had a blank look on his face.

"Cedric?"

He grunted in response.

"Are you mad?"

He took a deep breath and said "I'm not mad, I'm worried about you, I don't know, maybe it was a bad idea for you to play quidditch."

My eyes widened and my body was tensed.

"What?!? No, I love playing quidditch, I had a blast and if it wasn't for that Bludger-"

"That's it, Rose, I know you had a great time, but quidditch is a dangerous sport, and I don't want to see you in the hospital every day," He said, stopping dead in his track and turned to face me.

"Hey! I'm a strong girl, I can handle it" I said, trying to stand straight up to stand at my full height, which wasn't much.

Cedric laughed a little and said "Whatever you say Rose, but seriously...What will happen if a Bludger hits you in the head, you'll be knocked out cold."

I haven't really thought of that, but either way, I still want to play.

When I was playing, I felt like I was a new person, I wasn't afraid, I felt brave.
I felt free...free to do whatever I want, to explore and see what I could really do, to show everyone that I'm not a mistake...I can't stop playing, quidditch is a part of me now.

"I'm sorry Cedric, but I can't stop playing, I know the risk of playing, but it's a fun risk and I can't see my life without quidditch," I said looking up at him, just hoping he would understand.

After a while of awkward silence, Cedric finally said "Just promise me you won't be super reckless."

"I promise," I said, holding my pinky up, he held his and wrapped his pinky over mine, We smiled and then let go.

"You know what I like about you Rose?"
What does like about me? Now I'm curious
"What?"

"Your smile...every time you smile, you make a room brighter, even your personality makes things bright, it's hard to be bubbly and positive all the time, and it works for you... you never give up, you're a great witch Rose."

What he said, made me feel amazing...I always see myself as a pain in someone's life, but knowing that someone thinks I'm not a pain, just make feel...I don't know, grateful.

"Thanks, Cedric," I said, grabbing his hand and looking up into his gray eyes.
"No problem Rose."
We stood there for a while, I started to feel weird, my stomach was filled with butterflies, but why was I like this?