7. Bumblebees

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

Jungkook didn't think he'd ever get used to having another person in his house. It wasn't that he disliked having Taehyung around - quite the opposite, really - it just startled him whenever he saw a shadow in a doorway and conveniently forgot he wasn't living alone anymore. Not to mention the fact that over the past 36 hours he'd discovered Taehyung to be extremely clingy and couldn't quite decide whether he was pleased or slightly unnerved by that.

"No, Tae, you have to put the shell of the egg in the trash, not the pan-" currently, Jungkook was attempting to teach Taehyung how to cook. Key word: attempting.

Tae let out a dejected noise at Jungkook's words and began picking the crushed pieces of shell from his egg out of the pan, flinching whenever drops of oil popped up and spattered onto his skin.

"Cooking is too hard, Jungkook," he complained, cradling the shells in his left hand. "Almost as hard as chopsticks."

Jungkook couldn't mask his smile at the familiarness of Taehyung's words. Except that Jin hadn't been nearly as patient a teacher to him all those years ago when he was learning to cook, and eggshells in a pan probably would have meant a smack on the back of Jungkook's head with an oven mitt.

He stood above his own pan of sauteing vegetables, pushing them around with a long wooden spoon and occasionally throwing a glance over to Taehyung's pan to tell the other boy what to do. The two stood side-by-side in front of the kitchen's small two-burner stovetop, their shoulders brushing ever so often because of the limited space. The light contact continuously threw Jungkook off guard.

Upon the other boy's request, Jungkook was having Taehyung help him make breakfast, and thus far they'd made nothing more than a big mess and a lot of dishes.

The previous night, Jungkook had helped Taehyung with his new sheets, provided him with toiletries and an old pair of his own pajamas, and then immediately thrown himself into his bed, not bothering with the dinner dishes or groceries. He'd been asleep before his head hit the pillow. So now, the second morning after dragging Taehyung out of the woods and the first time in 48 hours he'd gotten a good night's rest, Jungkook felt much more agreeable than he had for a while.

"Is this good?"

Jungkook leaned over to look in Taehyung's pan. The two eggs inside barely resembled eggs anymore. Both yolks had broken, and in his attempt to flip them over Taehyung had folded them in half so many times they'd been reduced to half the size of the original whole egg.

"Well, they're better than my first try, I'll give you that," Jungkook chuckled as he leaned back. Taehyung gave him a brilliant smile and happily pushed the eggs around, mutilating them even further.

"If you're finished you can put them on those plates I set out earlier; these vegetables are almost done," Jungkook instructed. "Don't forget to use the towel to pick the pan up like I said before."