14. Lucky No. 7

"THEY'RE HERE!"

"THEY'RE HERE!"

Jungkook's heart burst out of his body.

"They're here and - what are you two doing on the floor?"

"Nothing, nothing nothing. Petting the cat," Jungkook stuttered, brushing his clothing off and offering a hand to help Taehyung up. A strange tingle went through his body when the other took it and he was reminded that Taehyung had said that he, Jungkook, was cute.

"Oh." Seokjin frowned inquisitively but just shrugged, immediately jumping back to his excitable spiel. "Well Jimin and Hoseok are back - their carriage just reached the outskirts of town and they're making their way in now! I had to run to get here. Joonie! Honey, where are you; you took that bread out right? I might have to divorce you if you almost burned my bakery down again-"

Thoughts of Taehyung were pushed aside at the news of the carriage's arrival and Jungkook leapt forward to cling to Seokjin's arm, shaking him slightly.

"They're here now? Like right now?"

"Yes! What are you doing?" Jin's scattered thoughts shot off across the room in all directions, pinging off of walls and objects before making their way back into his head.

"JOON, your child is clinging to me like some sort of deranged koala, hurry so we can go outside!"

"I'm coming, let's go!" Namjoon burst out of the back of the shop, a small line of black ash smeared across his cheek. Jin reached out to wipe it away with his thumb and then grabbed his lover's hand, dragging both him and a clingy Jungkook to the door.

"C'mon Tae, you too!" He held the door for Taehyung to follow. Once outside, the excitement tinging the air became increasingly obvious. The rest of town stood waiting with bated breath as well. Word in Sinju got around quick, and Jimin and Hoseok's return certainly stood as some of the most exciting news as of late.

"... I think I can hear them," Jungkook whispered, head raised. Sure enough, over the noise of other muttered conversations and bustle there came the sound of horse hooves, becoming increasingly louder.

Clip-clop, clip-clop, clip-clop

The second that horse's bobbing brown head appeared from around a corner at the opposite end of the square was a joyous moment indeed. Jungkook was in motion before his own brain even registered it, and by the time the carriage had reached the center of the square Jungkook was already there to meet it. The wheels had barely stopped moving before he hoisted himself up and over the edge, clambering ungracefully into the bed.

"Jimin!" The happy exclamation was met with an equally excitable shout from the pink-haired boy sitting down a few feet from him, and without question Jungkook threw himself into Jimin's arms, hugging him fiercely while burying his face in his chest.

"Kookie! You got taller!"

"You dyed your hair!" Jungkook replied. The two regarded each other for a moment before bursting into laughter and Jungkook realized just how much he'd missed his best friend's laugh.