18. Moonlight

Caution; chapter contains brief mentions of self-harm. Please do not continue if topic may be upsetting to you.

[chapter vibes; "moonlight" by chase atlantic]

✧✧✧

"Wahh - if you don't finish can I have yours?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow over his skewered stick of braised pork belly.

"You aren't even done eating your own yet."

Taehyung's fat-slicked fingers grasped tightly onto his blackened stick as he gnawed at the meat, mouth stuffed dangerously full.

"But you always leave a few bites behind when we eat, so I'm just thinking into the future," he suggested innocently, shoving another bite in before Jungkook could say anything more. The younger sniffed and then looked down at his food, lips curved. Taehyung was right, of course. He was already feeling rather full. Plus, it was cute to see Tae's face light up whenever Jungkook offered him his leftovers. Maybe that's just a little, tiny bit why he never finished his meals. Maybe.

Anyways - "What would you like to do now?"

Taehyung looked over and stuck two fingers into his mouth, sucking to get the greasy feeling off. A speck of seasoning adorned the back of his hand and so he craned his head down to reach it, tongue darting out quickly to lick it off before he stretched out all ten fingers, wiggling them a little.

Jungkook swallowed.

"Er - I can get you a napkin, you know. Or you can wash your hands in that fountain over there, loads of people do it so nobody will mind."

Just as long as you're not distracting me with-

Without question, Taehyung immediately skipped to the fountain - a tiny stone spout with a pool and a single stream of water, and stuck his hands in up to the elbow, splashing around a bit before returning to Jungkook with a grin.

"There we go! It's so fun to eat with your hands, Jungkookie. We should do that at home."

"Well technically you're not supposed to actually touch the pork - that's what the stick is for - but sure, Taetae. We can eat with our hands, if you want."

Taehyung nodded vigorously and threaded his still-dripping fingers with Jungkook's to begin dragging him forward. And really, how could anybody say no to Taehyung?

"Umm... maybe we can go to the beach again? Or get one of those... what did you call them? Oh... kites! Or, eat more food!"

Jungkook thought for a moment, gentle beach ambience and full stomach threatening to lull his mind into a lazy half-sleep.

"Well, I want us to go to the beach again later - when it's dark out - so choose something else for now," he prompted, shaking his head to rid his eyes of salty fringe. "Actually-" he paused when Taehyung yawned widely, then continued; "I think you will very much enjoy the wonders of a hammock."