22. You

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

    Yoongi's words echoed in Jungkook's head endlessly for the remainder of the night; ever-expanding ringlets in his ocean of thought.

You are Taehyung's whole world

His cheeks pinkened at the notion, and now every time he looked at Tae his mind raced with a newfound intensity.

Don't let him slip away

Time raced by almost faster than Jungkook could keep up, and slowly the crowds began to thin as those with kids or an early morning job filtered back to their homes. Jungkook's hair stuck to his forehead, and his feet and back throbbed from dancing over hard stone for so long. Everywhere he looked, he was met with the flushed faces of his friends. Taehyung's hands found their home in his a few more times, but it was always fleeting. With every glance his direction, Jungkook ached for the closeness they shared in solitude. As happy as he felt, his head was beginning to drag with the effort of keeping his social energy high.

"Hey Kookie?" Taehyung's low voice seeped warm and comforting into Jungkook's mind. The crowd had lessened to half by now, and Jungkook's dancing had turned into him swaying his hips with his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes were focused on the ground so he hadn't seen Taehyung approach. "Let's go home soon?"

His words sounded spent, and Jungkook didn't need to turn around to see the dull glaze of exhaustion clouding his eyes. He nodded, giving Taehyung's arm a little squeeze, and dragged himself away to find Namjoon. The older man was talking with Jimin and munching on what looked like a cookie, and Jungkook felt relieved when they both waved him over.

"Kook!" Jimin threw himself at Jungkook, somehow even more lively than he'd started off, and Jungkook laughed. "I've missed you," Jimin continued, pouting and fluffing up a bit of hair above Jungkook's brows.

Jungkook shook his head, earning a grumble from Jimin.

"I've seen you more tonight than I have for the past six months," Jungkook retaliated.

Jimin pursed his lips thoughtfully.

"True, but we barely even danced together," he said, adding another playful pout.

Jungkook wrinkled his nose and took a step in Namjoon's direction.

"Well," he directed at both of them, "I'm afraid I must crush your dreams by telling you that you will not be seeing me again till tomorrow. Me and Tae are gonna go after we say bye to everyone."

"Aww," Jimin whined, at the same time as Namjoon nodded.

"Be safe walking back," Namjoon pushed. His features softened immensely. "And it's been good to have you with us, Jungkook," he added, tone low and honest. Jungkook felt his heart tweak and he stepped into Namjoon's arms without hesitation, holding tight as he breathed in his smell of flour and mint and love. Oh how he'd missed this.