17. Sea Breeze

✧✧✧

✧✧✧

"Damn Kookie, you never spoil me this much," Jimin whined around a mouthful of sweet bread from the bakery. Crumbs littered both the table and his shirt front, and next to him Taehyung sat in a similar state of disarray. Both boys watched languidly as Jungkook rushed around his house, picking up objects to move them from one place to another and back again as he hurriedly tried to pack two small white bags on the ground, contents spilling out over the edges. Frayed towels, two extra shirts and hinge-top glass bottles filled with water were among those contents - a light glimpse at the activity of the day ahead.

Jungkook didn't even acknowledge his best friend's accusation. Jimin pouted.

"Hey Tae, where did I put those little rice onigiri I made earli-"

"They're in the basket under the kitchen windowsill," Taehyung interrupted without hesitation, not glancing up from his snack. Jungkook paused a second in consideration and then bustled to the kitchen, brightening when he pulled the onigiri from right where Taehyung had said they'd be.

"Oh- thanks!"

Tae nodded, this time looking up to flash Jungkook a smile. The younger collected the last of his items and neatly packed them in the bags, pulling their drawstrings closed and setting them atop the table once he'd finished. Jimin peeked out from around one of the bags.

I can't believe you're going to the beach without me, Kook," the pink-haired boy chasisted, wrinkling his nose.

"Well it's not my fault you're spending your whole day making lovey eyes at your boyfriend," Jungkook replied shortly, a falsely exasperated expression plastered onto his face.

"Yoongi said he doesn't like the beach," Jimin whined again, looking down to pick at a splinter on the table. "And he wants to talk more with Namjoon about music or something but he doesn't want to be alone and he seems tough but if I actually left him he'd probably just hide in my house all day and be subjected to my mother's relentless and extremely embarrassing interrogations and I can't do that to him or me," he finished, side-eyeing Jungkook.

"Oh my god, Chim," Jungkook giggled, covering his mouth with his hand. "I was kidding - you can come with next time, I promise. I just promised to take Tae today, that's all."

Taehyung wrinkled his nose in a smile at Jungkook and then turned to Jimin, wrapping himself around the smaller man in a clingy, somewhat sideways-positioned hug; seeing as they were both sitting in separate chairs.

"Don't worry, Jiminie! Jungkook said there are..." -he paused, face tightening in concentration- "seashells, at the beach, so I will bring you one!"

Jimin perked up.

"Oh! That would be lovely; I've got a collection! I'll show it to you sometime, there's shells and cool stones and also this really super weird stick I found on a hike once that looks a bit like a salad tong-"