Chapter 3

We boarded our flight at around eleven. While my mom and Ashley got to sit together, my seat was two rows away. But I didn't mind it. The passenger sitting next to me, a British business woman, was busy typing away on her computer. I was next to the window and got to lean my head against it, which made me fall asleep. I had barely gotten a wink of sleep the previous night from excitement. Both Ashley and I had watched horror movies instead of sleeping.

We landed after nineteen hours and seventeen minutes. Like I told you, it was a long flight. I pulled out my phone to check the time. It read 6:00 am. It had been a whole day. It was so early in the morning that, even though I had had a good sleep, I was still very tired. (I didn't sleep the entire flight, lol)

I met up with mom and Ashley again and we walked out of the airport and booked an Uber to their place. I didn't even bother asking my mom where exactly we were going. After what seemed like a long time, we stopped in front of a gigantic zoo. I had never been more confused in my life. I looked beside me at Ashley, who looked equally as confused as me. And then I saw the board. It read, 'Australia Zoo'. I was shook. I looked at the picture of the person above the huge sign and recognised him. Steve Irwin. And I shuddered. I was so nervous. Ashley had gotten the hint too.

"Mom, are we going to meet Robert and Bindi Irwin?" she asked nervously.

"Correct!' Mom exclaimed.

No. Nuh-uh. This was going to unimaginably awkward. I mean, they were celebrities! And then, the animals. I mean, I love animals, but not all of them. Some of them can be quite scary, like, crocodiles. Ashley looked over at me, pale in the face. I held her hand tightly.

As we got out I saw three zookeepers approaching us. As they came closer, I recognised all of them. Terri, Bindi and Robert.