Chapter 10

We visited every animal in the zoo except for the crocodiles. I was wayyyyyy to scared to go anywhere near them. Robert understood and agreed to see them another day. I wanted to see them but just wasn't ready. One thing I was concerned about was when I would get to see them because I didn't know how long I would be staying.

We reached back home at five in the evening. It was pretty warm throughout the entire day after seven but Robert didn't take off the hoodie. He was sweating but still didn't remove it. I found that really sweet. When we walked into the house I saw Bindi and Ashley already sitting in the living room. But there was someone else as well. Someone I didn't recognise. But Robert seemed to. He smiled at the man sitting on the couch beside Bindi and the man smiled back.

"Hey guys! This, Andrea, is my boyfriend, Chandler. Chandler, this is Ashley's older sister, Andrea," Bindi introduced us.

Chandler smiled at me. I smiled back. He seemed really nice.

"Liking it here?" he asked.

"Loving it," I replied.

"Awesome. Did you visit the crocodiles?"

"Nah, I'm gonna visit them some other time," I said.

"Why?" he asked.

"We...didn't have time," Robert replied for me.

"Hmm, alright," Chandler said before turning back to talk to Bindi. 

Robert motioned Ashley to follow him upstairs. He looked over at me and I followed him as well. We went to his room and he shut the door behind him.

"Sit down," he told us, motioning us to sit on his bed.

His room was slightly larger than both Ashley's and mine. He only had a few pictures of animals on the walls. His bed was a double bed and was pretty big. There was a corner where he had a desk and his computer. He at that moment, was sitting on the chair at the desk.

He noticed how confused I looked as to why he brought us upstairs. Ashley didn't look confused at all. She in fact, looked relieved.

"If you're wondering why I brought you up here then that's because you're gonna get exhausted hanging around those love birds," Robert said.

"Why?" I asked.

He didn't ignore my question but indirectly asked Ashley to tell me the answer.

"How was your day Ashley? Leaving aside the animals and stuff, how was it hanging out with Bindi and Chandler? " Robert asked her.

"Well....." she hesitated.

"Be honest."

"Well, it was loads of fun hanging out for them and they're honestly really nice and cute together, but it did get kinda, well, weird. I was always third wheeling with them. They're always kissing each other's cheeks or something like that. Don't get me wrong, they're awesome people but after a while, it does get kinda awkward," she admitted.

"I get it. It's always me third wheeling with them," Robert laughed.

"And that's why it's best if you're hanging out with one of them at a time," he said, addressing me.

"Right," I chuckled.

My stomach was growling. I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything since dawn.

"You ate anything?" I asked Ashley.

"Nope. Nothing except for ice-cream," she replied.

"Wonder where mom is," I said out loud.

"Oh she's in the kitchen. Terri and her are apparently making us dinner," Ashley said to me.

"Thank goodness! I'm really hungry," Robert said.

We went down to see Bindi sitting at the dinner table along. (excluding the mothers of course)

"Where's Chandler?" Robert asked.

"He left," she replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"He's made plans to eat with his family tonight," Ashley replied.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"They were talking about it, Bindi and Chandler, right in front of me, so... I... sorry," Ashley blurted out.

"Oh, no problem," Bindi chuckled.

Ashley smiled back and went to sit next to her. Robert and I sat on one side and our mothers sat at each end. Over dinner, everyone was talking to one specific person. Our mothers were talking to each other of course, Bindi and I were busy conversing and Robert and Ashley were talking. I was too indulged in my own conversation to listen to what Robert and my sister were talking about. Who knew it would change everything?