Chapter 12

Andrea's POV:

I woke up much later today. At nine, when the dumb sunshine came and hit me in the face. I couldn't be more annoyed. Like I said, I really enjoy sleeping in late. I got out of bed and changed into my outfit. I decided to go slightly girly today:

I paired that with some white converse and headed out the door

I paired that with some white converse and headed out the door. I saw Ashley, Robert and Bindi all sitting down in the living room watching Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I joined them. Ashley, unlike me, had the complete opposite idea for an outfit. She was dressed the least girly I had EVER seen her. She was wearing a black hoodie and black leggings along with it. She had black Vans on and honestly, she looked bomb with her messy, open hair.

"Good morning," Bindi greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully.

Robert smiled at me and Ashley shot up a peace sign.

"You look good today," Bindi told me as I plopped down on the couch beside her.

"Thank you! You too," I said.

"Aww, thanks, I have a date with Chandler today," she said, blushing slightly.

"Oh my god! Have fun girl!" I said excitedly.

"Have Ashley and you exchanged personalities today or something?" Robert asked.

"Why?" Ashley and I said in unison.

"You're so girly and cheerful and you're the opposite," he said.

I chuckled. "Well, maybe. I'm just feeling happy today."

He smiled brightly back, "Awesome."

"I feel quite the opposite," Ashley mumbled loud enough for all of us to hear her.

"Why?" Bindi asked.

"Don't really know," she replied back without looking.

That didn't greatly improve any of our moods. Bindi left at around eleven for her date and that left Robert, Ashley and me all alone, once again.

"Alright, we're jobless again," Robert said.

"I wanna feed some animals," I said.

"Me too. Do you Ashley?" Robert asked her.

"Uhh, not really, no," she replied, clearly uncomfortable.

"Why?" Robert asked, raising an eyebrow.

She was speechless. She just looked around uncomfortably and then looked over at us and said a solemn 'fine'.

We left the house and started walking to the tortoises. Both Robert and I were busy talking while Ashley was just walking behind us not saying anything. I kinda felt bad for her because it was almost like she was third wheeling... again, but I also felt kinda annoyed 'cause she was throwing a temper tantrum, a quiet one, but a tantrum, when she knew she wasn't in her house and didn't have the liberty to.

We finally reached the place where the tortoises were and Robert handed both Ashley and me carrots to feed a tortoise. 

"Now, you have to be careful while feeding it 'cause it's bite can be quite painful and damaging. So quickly pull your hand back after feeding it.

"Okay," I said. Ashley nodded.

Robert fed it first, making sure to take his hand back at the right moment. Ashley went next. She perfectly fed it without getting hurt on her first try. She didn't even flinch when she had her finger close to it's mouth. I wondered at her bravery. I saw Robert. He looked mesmerised by how she was feeding the tortoise so well. A wave of jealousy soared through me and I bent down next to the tortoise and started feeding it the carrots. I was too confident, aaaaaand, it bit my finger. Ugh, the pain. It was excruciating. I wasn't able to pull my hand back because of how strong it's grip on my finger was but then Robert knelt down and gently opened the tortoise's mouth and I pulled my finger out. Blood poured out from near my fingernail (where it bit me) and I moaned in pain. Robert took my hand and observed it. 

"It isn't that bad. Come one, we can get the wound cleaned," he said.

"Can I stay here?" Ashley asked.

"Okay," Robert said as he took me away to wherever her was taking me.

Ashley's POV:

Andrea had just gotten her finger bitten by a grumpy old tortoise and honestly, I couldn't ask for a better role model. I wanna become a grumpy, old, person that bites people when I grow up. Lol, jk. I was quite annoyed today but I didn't exactly know why. I stayed back with the tortoise while Robert took Andrea to.. wherever. For some reason, I didn't wanna go.

I kinda actually knew why I was so annoyed. It was Andrea. She, ugh. She was so sensitive and such a wimp in front of animals. It annoyed me. I knew I was being dumb because not everyone is comfortable with animals but, ugh, just...nevermind.

After about fifteen minutes, Robert walked back in while I was admiring small bugs crawling by. Andrea didn't seem to be with him. Robert seemed sorta annoyed. He came and sat down next to me. 

"Your sister is all over boys, isn't she?" he asked, sounding rather angry.

"Well," I said awkwardly. I didn't know what to say. This was so sudden and random.

"No, stop hesitating Ashley. Tell me. Isn't she?" he asked aggressively.

"Yeah, very. Why?" I replied.

"She seemed to be crazy captivated by one of the people working in the hospital. Josh. He's seventeen. Charming, I guess. But she was all over him. Asking him where he was and if he was single and stuff." he said grumpily.

I knew Robert liked Andrea but he was jealous and stuff now. That was cute and honestly, kinda funny.

"Why do you care?" I asked, trying to sound polite.

"I don't know. Come on now," he said, standing up and pulling me by the hand. "You're much braver and better at dealing with animals anyway."

I instantly became red. I knew I was being selfish and should have been mad at him for bitching about my sister but then again, I'm only human. I couldn't help but get excited over the fact that my dreams were actually coming true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Okay I know all this is a bit dramatic and I honestly could not imagine Robert in a situation like this cause of the sweetheart he is, but anyway, uh, yeah, it's just a fan fiction so, ignore it.)