f i v e •

She
As soon as I sat down I saw Hana approach me, together with Soyoung.

"Naeun," she smiled as she sat down at the table behind me, pulling her chair towards me. She leaned onto the table, her intoxicating scent filling my nostrils making me nauseous.

"How are you?" She asks, but there's something different about her voice. She changed. I forced out a smile as I look at her.

I look at her caked makeup and her bright red lips, matching her bright red hair.

"Fine," I mumble, not really interested in an interaction. It's not like she'd care anyway. Hana smiled playing with my hair.

Suddenly she hugged me, and I saw something change in Soyoung's expression in the corner of my eye. I bit my lip and peeled Hana gently off of me.

"Something wrong?" I ask hesitantly, but Soyoung already moved to her seat in the back. Hana shrugged and smiled.

"Nothing, I just missed you during the break," Hana smiled broadly her eyes twinkling in the sunlight. She played with her hair and suddenly pouted.

"We should hang out after school, I missed you so much," Hana suddenly said and it seemed like she wanted to say something else, but a loud cough interrupted her.

"That's my seat, if you don't mind," the stern and deep voice resonated, almost throwing Hana off her seat. My eyes grew wide and I quickly walked over to Hana.

"Are you okay?" I glare at him and help Hana up.

"I'm okay, don't worry," Hana smiled, clinging onto my arm.

"Hey, should we get some tteokbokki after class? I'll pay!" I saw the guy glare in the corner of my eyes, but I kept my attention by Hana.

I was happy she wanted to be friends again. I missed her so much since middle school.

Him

I saw the redhead clinging onto the girl, and felt disgusted. How could she be that fake?

I observed her during lunch and noticed how she only wanted to talk to the boy sitting next to her. Her red hair shined bright in the sunlight, and everything about her seemed fake.

From her caked face to her bright red dyed hair. To be honest, it pissed me off: her presence and the way she talked.

I shook my head and scoffed at myself. Who are you to take interest in their relationship?

I bit my lip and looked at the girl. She seemed absent despite trying to socialise with her friend. It still lingered in my head what she just said.

"Everything will be alright," I sighed and shook my head. Emotions are stupid. But still I felt like acting on my impulses.

I saw her talking to that fake girl and coughed loudly, internally cursing myself for bringing attention towards me. I thought I'd stick to the plan.

The red haired girl looked up in disgust, while the other girl just stared at me absently. The redhead's presence made me angry and before I knew it she fell onto the ground after I pushed her off the seat with great force.

Everyone suddenly started whispering while looking at me. I felt my hands shake and my eyes started to shake. I clenched my jaw and looked around.

The voices blended into the background, my breathing getting heavy. I felt the room spin.

Why do you have to be so stupid?

I wanted to run away, but I promised myself to face the consequences. It's not like I planned to stay this long in this shit hole.

I sighed and sat down seeing the girl stare at me, and I glare back. It's not like I give a shit anyways.