t h i r t e e n

SheRubbing my head I picked up my phone and looked at the ID

She
Rubbing my head I picked up my phone and looked at the ID.

"Chae?" I heard a soft voice coming out of the speakers of my phone. My throat was dry and sore, and I was tired. I wanted to sleep again, I wanted to sleep the pain away.

Maybe sleeping forever wasn't a bad option.

"Chae?" The soft voice asked again and I remembed his voice. I took a deep sigh and made my way to the sink.

"Yeah." I said in a hoarse tone, because of all that crying. I filled a glass of water and went upstairs to change in something different. Maybe I should take a shower and refresh.

"Chae... Uh..." I heard Suho saying before he coughed awkwardly.

"Sooyoung wants to have a meeting for all of us so I thought I may call you." He said as I scrolled through my noticifactions. None of Sooyoung.

"She couldn't ask herself?" Suho kept silent and I felt guilt. I felt sorry for him, because I always burden him.

"Never mind... When?" I asked as I opened the door to the bathroom.

"Tonight at 7:00PM, we want to eat something at "Il gustoso italiano"."I hummed in response and heard Suho sigh.

"I truly care about you Chae, I do." He said and hung up.

What was that suppose to mean?

Nothing.

At least, towards you nothing.

I threw my phone on the ground shattering it's screen.

"Can you never shut up?!" I yelled angrily and pushed my hands on my ears until it started to hurt.

"I hate you!"

Too bad, I am part of you.

...

I had taken a shower and my wounds started to sting really bad. I almost forgot that I had a shift today if it wasn't for Sam to call me.

"Hey sunbaenim!" She cheered as I picked up the phone looking into the mirror testing my fake smiles.

"Sam..." I said and my voice was still hoarse.

"Already feeling better?" She asked sweetely and I blinked my eyes fast.

Why did she has to have the voice of my mother?!

"Yeah... Thank you for reminding me for the shift. And thank you so much about yesterday. You'll get the money from my shift and please forget about that moment. Thank you so much." And I hung up. I sighed and leaned onto the sink. I tested out my fake laughters and put on light make-up, but those dark circles couldn't be covered up with only concealer and I was out of foundation so I had to deal with it.

I stared at my bruises for a long time and then decided to wear just a long sleeve although it was going to be 26 degrees today.

Damn you weather.

Why so hot if it's September?

I bit my lip and made my way downstairs to meet an empty fridge. I shrugged and took my stuff and left off to work.

"Everything is alright." I smiled- fake smiled.