s e v e n •

Her
"Naeun-ah come to eomma," I looked at her from under bed. Her slim figure standing in the doorframe as she held the door handle.

She smiled, she smiled for the first time in a long while. I bit my lip, gulping down the lump in my throat.

"Don't go Naeun... Don't go," I mumbled to myself and looked at the doorframe, but she was gone. My eyes grew wide and my heart started to race.

"Naeun. Come to mom." Her voice was cold and stern as she spoke in a menacing manner. I clenched my fists hoping that she wouldn't find me here.

"Naeun," she repeated, she was nowhere to be seen but I could hear her rummage through my toys.

"You crazy bitch! Come to your fucking mother!" She suddenly yelled and broke my favourite tea set.

"Mr. Bear's tea set," I mumbled, tears started to form in my eyes. Suddenly I saw her legs stop in front of the bed.

"You fucking ungrateful bitch. You know what you did. Didn't you?!" She bent down and harshly pulled me out of under the bed. My heart sinking into my stomach as I felt myself tremble.

Her hand raised as she suddenly turned into a monster, her claws gripping into my arms as she held onto me like she was holding onto my life.

With great force her hand came down to my face.

I sat up. Sweat covering my body as I looked around in the room. I was in her room. Why? Because I was missing her?

No. Because I couldn't sleep without getting scared in my room. I sighed, inhaling sharply as I looked at the watch on the bedstand next to me.

It was only 7PM, and I had to work soon. I looked at the scars on my wrist covered in slits. I tried to hide the scars of her nails by creating new scars.

I bit my lip and looked outside. It was still light outside. I let my body meet the bed and picked up my phone.

I saw a few messages from Hoseok, none from Hana nor Suho. I thought back to Hoseok and how he offered to take me home. Does he like me?

I smiled and created a little scenario of Hoseok and me, but then her voice interrupted again.

Do you really think he likes a piece of garbage?

I sat up. Maybe I should just get ready for work.

Him
I sat up on their bed, in the empty and cold room. A few strokes of sunlight made it through the covered window.

I looked at the photo frame in front of me and clenched my fists.

"Why did you leave me?" I suddenly asked as I stood up.

"Why? Why didn't you take me with you?!" I felt tears building up in my eyes, my nails leaving deep nail imprints on the palm of my hand.

"You know how hard life is for me now? Uncle even want to take me in,"

I inhaled sharply looking at the photo frame through my blurred vision.

"He said it was my fault,"

"He said that I was the reason why everything went downhill," I stopped for a moment and looked at the smiles on their faces as they held me.

"He said... I should have been the one dying in that car crash,"

It stayed silent, and I waited for the never coming answer.

"Taehyungie,"

I felt tears streaming down my face as I collapsed on the ground.

"You know that's not true," I feel a cold arm wrap around me. Holding me tight as I smell the scent of an all too familiar intoxicating perfume.

"You know we loved you," I choked on my tears and looked behind me, looking into nothingness.

"If we didn't love then why did we—"

I cut them off picking up the nearest cup.

"So it was my fault," I looked into the shattered piece of mirror in front of me.

"Don't say that,"  I saw my mom in the reflection. Her fragile skin full of bruises and her eyes pitch black.

"You know it isn't your fault," her voice shook and so did her cold hands as she tried to comfort me. I swallowed the suffocating lump in my throat.

I tried to grab onto the hand, instead putting my hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry eomma, appa," I felt tears streaming down my face as I clenched my fists.

"It's all my fault. If only you didn't need to go to that meeting because of me," I felt my entire body fall onto the ground, darkness surrounding me once again.

"Uncle was right,"

"It's all my fault,"