1

"Easy dog, you don't want to kill me." My target pleaded with me. I growled at him and kept stalking forward. My vibranium claws made a sound like long nails on chalkboard as I dragged them on the floor. The target was inches from my face. I stared him in the eye for a bit, then plunged my teeth into his neck and jerked him around for a few seconds. He went limp in my jaws. I let go and flicked my tongue in and out of my mouth trying to get the excess blood off my mouth and teeth. I backed away from the body and sat down waiting for my handler to come.

3rd POV
The winter soldier watched from the one way mirror as the pitch black wolf  grabbed the mans neck and jerked its head around. The snap of the guys carotid artery was clearly heard. The wolf held him in that position in its jaws for a few seconds then dropped his body and licked at the blood dripping from it's muzzle. It then backed away and sat down, still staring at the limp body.
"So what do you think of 36. Good partner or no." The soldier looked at the wolf. He felt a little strange about having a dog as his partner, but at the same time thought about all his previous partners. They were all to talkative and tried to be in control. A dog on the other hand could not talk back, which was a plus.
"I think 36 will do just fine." He finally stared.
"Good, I'll bring her in." The doctor exited the room and went into the training room. The wolf's ears swiveled towards him, but she didn't move a muscle. Her eyes were trained onto the unmoving body as if it were to suddenly move.
"36, come on. You've done your job. He's dead." She huffed and reluctantly turned away and walked towards the doctor. Then they entered the room. 36s eyes landed on the Winter Soldier. She bared her teeth and snarled. He turned around, facing her. He knelt down and reached out slowly. She kept her eye trained on him.
"Hey, it's okay. I'm not one of your targets." He whispered to the wolf. She stopped baring her insanely sharp teeth and did a soft low growl. His flesh arm was centimeters from her matted black coat. He closed that distance and lightly rubbed his hand into her neck. Her growling had ceased and her eyes filled with shock. She had never been touched like this before. She had been deprived of physical affection her entire life. The only contact she ever got was either being hit or tested on. 36 walked forward and pushed her head into his chest. Winter instantly knew that 36 would be his one and only partner form now on.
"So I'll let you take 36 back to your room." The doctor said and left the two alone. Winter continued to stoke the wolfs matted fur. It seemed to calm his forever anxious nerves. He genuinely smiled for the fist time in a long time.
"Come on, we should get going." He said to 36 already making up his mind that the wolf needed an actual name. He just didn't know what name yet. The wolf huffed and followed him to his room/cell. When he entered he saw a file on his bed. He walked over to it and opened it. 36 had joined him on the bed. He began to read what the file held inside.
Project: Foxtrot
Number: 36
Demeanor: lethal, protective, alpha quality, observant, does not trust easy, energetic, playful, loner, intuitive, patient, creative
Physical appearance: Black coat. Red eyes. Strong build yet lean and agile. 4'6 at shoulders. Long legs. Longer tail than normal. Tail curves up at the end due to length. Nose has a speck of white in the middle.
Injections: XXHeat, Cerebra, Vibram,  sonic, Unknown DNA
Powers: Control over fire and heat, telekinesis, retractable vibranium teeth and claws, sonic bark, no recorded data of unknown DNA enhancements or mutations.

Winter finished reading her profile, not wanting to go into the other stuff inside the file. At the top of the page was a young black pup staring at the camera with wonder filled in her red eyes. He smiled weakly at the sight. Two times smiling in one day, that's a new record for him. He pulled the photo from the paper clip and ran his fingers over the paper.
36 senses a change in his mood and put her paw over his thigh. He looked at the present 36 and the young puppy version. Same body, just bigger, but the eyes were much more mature and held many dark secrets of pain and suffering. They still held that young wonder though, but very little wonder. He folded the paper and put it in his back pocket, planning to never leave without it.
"So, telekinesis, huh." He said almost chuckling.
"Yeah, didn't want to scare you at first so I kept quiet. You read my file so now you know about all my powers." A feminine voice entered his mind. (36 voiced by Ariana Grande.)
"Hey I need a name to call you besides 36 or wolf." Winter said.
"I would like that. It's tiring being called a number all the time."
"So you have fire powers."
"Yeah."
"Huh, I remember reading something about a bird who was made out of fire and flesh. Once a year it would shed its feathers and turn to ash, then it would resurface as a brand new bird made out fire and flesh once again. I think it was called a Phoenix."
"Phoenix, I like it. And what should I call you."
"Oh right, you can call me...Bucky, I think Buckys my real name."
"Bucky...Bucky, bucky, bucky. It sounds right."
Bucky smiled at her antics and laid down. The lights started to shut off, one by one they heard the clicks of every light being turned off. He feared the nightmares hat were to plague his sleep.
"Night, Phoenix."
"Have good dreams, sweet dreams is just not possible here. But good ones are, anything but nightmares is good. Sleep well Bucky." Phoenix said to him. Her way of words was different than the short blank sentences of the people here. It was good to be able to talk to someone, even if it is a black wolf. He closed his dreary eyes and drifted off. No nightmares came to haunt t him that night, none came to Phoenix either. They had their first peaceful sleep in a long time, and were truly grateful.

Hey, loves. Was it good? Check out my other fanfics, wont ya mate. Gosh, how do these English people talk like that. Geez! I'm not British, I'm an American. But seriously go check out my account and read meh stories. I need reads! Agh. Anyway, plz vote and comment.
-pegasus1327