6

Pacing. One foot in front of the other. Such a simple action, yet so many complex meaning behind it. Anxiety, anger, depression, worry, all very common meanings. Mine, well that's...it's hard to explain. It's like a switch flipped in my mind. I'm angry, disappointed, and confused with the world. It's mostly anger and frustration though. My ears are flat against my head and my lips are curled even so slightly. I wish I could tell the world to go and die. Then maybe I would be happy. Wait, if the world 'died' then resources would disappear and I would eventually die. Wouldn't be so bad, I guess. God, I just want to run with a pack. Be a normal wolf for a little. I take back what I said about being a lone wolf. Having a family, non-biological, same breed, working as one. It would be...well there's no words for it. This is what pacing does to you, you think about your very existence.
Click
The entry door slid open. A man with black clothing walked in, he had a arm sling. He started walking around the perimeter. A low growl escaped my throat.
"Hank said you could never trust a Stark."
"Who are you again."
"Come on, man." I zoned out from there. I didn't want to hear people talking right now. All I heard was faint mumbling. If I really focused then it would disappear completely. Noises that sounded like footsteps came towards me. I listened. My pacing had become involuntary now so I couldn't stop and face him.
"So, hydra huh." I growled at the name. "Yeah, I feel you. Quite skinny, scars, brandings. That doesn't matter right now though. Barnes. You have something with him. Was it from your time in hydra, or he find a stray puppy on the side of the road." He continued. I started to spiral out of control. I had my powers in check, but not my wolf side. I growled a very vicious warning. My pacing continued, faster, harder, smaller. I'm starting to hate this guy.
"Tony, I wouldn't do that. She is clearly telling you to back off." Clint said. I know his name because of my time in his cell.
"I know what I'm doing Clint, back off." He said calmly. I felt the heat in my cell rise. No, no, no, not now.
"Come on, why, why are you two so close." I've had it. My back was facing him. My body turned with record speed, my body exploding into flames. I wouldn't have time to stop before I hit the glass. I compromised. I ran halfway up the glass wall and sort of backflipped. I snarled and barked at him. He had fallen down when I had my outburst. Usually I would have cooled down by now or passed out. Not this time. My body was still lit on fire. It wasn't cooling down, it was getting hotter. He had hit my soft spot and he hit hard. He was staring at me now.
"There you go, let it out, let it all out." He said almost chuckling. I had backed up from the wall and was standing in the middle of the room. I grasped control over my flames, it receded until only my eyes and tail were on fire. I growled. He turned and left. I dropped my head closer to the ground. Vibranium covered my teeth as I bared them. The grasp I had on my fire power dropped and the flames flickered and died.
I went over to the left corner and lied down. I curled my body like a cats and slept. Nightmares took over.

[...]

2 days later I wake up to guns being fired and alarms blaring in my ear. Can't I ever get a break. Standing up I shook my fur, seemingly getting rid of the tiredness. I shook my head separately. In the time I've been here I've become more like a true wolf. I guess it's from the lack of human interaction. My tongue slipped out of my mouth and licked my nose, wetting it.
Bang, bang, bang.
The door was starting to give way to whatever was hitting. The others were standing up and looking at the door. Sadly Wanda was still sitting, being restrained. I took the time to look in her mind and find out her name.
Bang, bang.
It started creaking and leaning to one side. The door fell to the ground. To figures stepped in. One was missing their left arm.
Bucky?
I backed up towards the back of the wall. Keeping my eyes on the figure as the smoke cleared. The smoke cleared and there was Bucky with his human friend. He looked around and then his eyes landed on my red ones. He was holding his breath and let it out.
Something jingled in his hand, keys. He walked forward and stuck the keys into he hole. The bars slid away and so did the glass. Bucky threw the keys to his friend. He started freeing everyone else.
I didn't move and inch. Bucky knelt down and balanced on his toes.
"Hey, Nixy." He whispered. My tail started to wag without my permission. Darn it! I turned around in a circle trying to bite it to teach it some manners. "Still as clueless as ever." I finally caught it. I bit down, pain took over and I let go. Why does this happen every single time. I growled at it and turned back to Bucky. He was smiling like a maniac.
"Ugh, why can't I stay mad at you. You're just so darn gullible for your own good." I finally gave up and tackled him. He laughed.
"Come on Phoenix, off. You know you're not a puppy." I obliged and got off him, not before licking his face though. The others chuckled and helped pull Bucky off the ground. I now noticed Buckys and his American flag friend had recent wounds on their faces.
"Bucky what happened?" I asked in a concerned face.
"Don't worry about it, right now we need to go."

Hey. I have plans for Phoenix. I can't give you much information, except that it has something to do with Canada. Well bye for now.
-pegaus1327