7

I didn't like flying. It just didn't sit well with me. I don't throw up, it just makes me dizzy. I was lying down. My eyes shut. I looked like I was sleeping, but I was awake.
"So Bucky, whats her deal." One of them asked.
"Oh, uh, Phoenix we'll rather 36 was born and raised in hydra. She was 1 of 2 siblings, the only female. Hydra thought her siblings would push her away and she would die, but she became the 'alpha' of them. So because of that they chose her to be experimented on. They branded her, trained her, and punished her. They uh they taught her to kill without mercy, even if it was a good guy. "Always go for the neck". They said that to her every chance they got and she took it to heart. Went for the neck every single time. Pretty amazing killing machine. Then they had this idea to put her with partners. I wasn't their first choice. Bad mistake. 5 agents, dead. One of them tried getting her to do something by touching her. Didn't end well. When we found them, she was...a-uh...eating him." Bucky paused in his little speech about me. Most likely letting that last derange sink in. I really didn't like that partner. "The next time they tried partnering her, was with me. They did this little demonstration that showed her killing somebody. He was begging for his life, that didn't stop her. Killed him and she looked like she was having fun. Scared me a little to be honest. They left her file for me. I skimmed it. Her powers are heat and flame manipulation, sonic bark, telekinesis, vibranium claws and teeth, and some unknown DNA aim her body. We did missions for about 6 months, then she went rogue. I was sent on the Washington mission without her. And I left her alone at hydra for 2 years. I haven't seen her in a condition this bad since I met her. And now we're here." He finished. Silence hung in the air. I slit one eye open and saw Bucky looking at a wrinkled picture. Probably my file picture he took years ago. Huffing, I stood up and walked over to Bucky. He looked down as I rested my head on his thigh.
"We're here." The archer said and stood up form the pilots seat. We had landed, finally.
The back hatch opened and frigid air hit us. The others shivered, but I embraced the coldness. It smelled like pine trees, elk, and other wolves, and a hint of blood. Bucky came up beside me, he grinned. It wasn't a happy one. It was a sad one. I looked up at him, tears threatened to spill. He knelt down to my height.
"Bucky? What's going on."
"I'm sorry."
"Bucky, please not again. You promised."
"I know. I know."
"You promised you wouldn't leave me. You promised."
"Sometimes you make promises you can't keep."
"WHY, why, why did you then."
"I thought I could keep you with me if I willed it to."
"It would of been better if you didn't make that promise."
"Phoenix, please don't do this. This is for your own good."
"No, staying with you would of been better for me, guess you didn't think so."
"Kitten."
"I'm...I'm not your kitten anymore, Bucky."
"What are you saying?" He asked, confusion, sadness, and heart break written on his face. My ears flattened out of sadness. I looked at him one more time, memorizing each feature.
"I'll always love you like a brother, Buck." Tears slipped out of his eyes. "Don't go and get yourself killed okay. Same goes for them." I tilted my head towards the others. I held myself together. "Don't forget me, and I won't forget you. I guess what I'm trying to say is...is...goodbye. I'll see you on the other side." I pushed my head into his chest. He put his forehead on mine as soon as I pulled away. I looked out into the snow. My body turned and I picked up speed. Snow hit my feet. I kept running. I skidded to a stop. I heard the engine of the plane roar. I couldn't hold myself together anymore. I let out a lonely howl. Then a second howl encompassed with my sonic cords. I bet it sounded so sad and lonely it would of made someone cry. I looked towards the woods and ran. I ran until I couldn't anymore.

3rd POV (plane)
No one spoke. Bucky has retreated to the bunks in the plane. They had all heard what she heard. She didn't realize that she had connected all of their minds. Steve was especially hurt, he didn't like seeing his BFF like that. Broken, sad, confused, depressed. Maybe he could heal this wound. It was unlikely, but maybe it could be done. He smiled sadly at the thought of considering Bucky as his BF. In this century he wasn't criticized for his choice of soulmate. Boy or girl, this century was okay with it. His mind went back to the heartbreaking good bye of the two partners. He looked around. Everyone was silently crying or had tears in their eyes. He was on the brink of spilling tears. He let one slip then toughened up, he had a broken team to fix.

Hey, ugh I'm tired. It's 11:00 and I just read some of the 'The One' it's the third book in the selection series. Once I read out of an actual book I get really tired. And I kept Bucky and Phoenix apart. Are they gonna stay apart or not. I already have my answer.
-pegasus1327