Eight: The Milky Way

The week is almost over and I haven't joined any clubs yet. One of our professors said that it is mandatory for us to join an arts club since we are majoring in arts and literature. Jessica and I haven't met for almost a week now, she has been up to something with her course. From all I know, they were out for an activity which was overwhelming because it's just the second week of school.

I was browsing magazines and brochures from different booths when someone with a familiar voice called me.

"Hey," I looked over to see who it was, to my surprise, it's Daniel.

"Whoa, what a small world it is!" I said as I walked towards him, I noticed that he was standing on an Art Booth, "You're taking art as well?" I asked as I scanned the paintings displayed.

"Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't able to get your name."

"Oh, I'm Gabrielle. But call me Gab or Gabby," I reached out my arms to shake his hands.

"Gabby. It seems like you're interested in this. Have you joined any clubs yet?"

"Well, not yet..." I was looking at the paintings when my gaze fell on a beautiful and.. sad painting at the same time. I stood there as if time doesn't revolve around me. It speaks to the soul. But, the thing is.. I feel something different about this painting.

I heard Daniel smiled at me, "Splendid, isn't it? His are different. He can see things that we can't."

I was surprised, "He?"

Daniel nodded.

I was stunned for a moment, I slowly bid my goodbye to Daniel trying to control myself. What is wrong with you, Gabrielle? Ugh, get yourself together.

I slowly walked in to the cafe and since I suddenly felt tired, I decided to chill for a moment. All I just want to do is go home but as soon as I heard Jess call my name, the atmosphere suddenly changed.

"Gab! I'm so happy to see you. How are you?"

I sat down on the chair across her as I looked at her, "I didn't know you're back! Since when? I am great and you?"

"I wanted to surprise you. Well..." she smiled and started talking about her activity, her day and that guy. Looking at her, she seems so happy about her life. Meanwhile, I... feel... weird. I've been feeling weird since the day I thought I saw some familiar figure, "Well you know what I think you two will get along together, he also has his weird habits and I don't know he doesn't like cream as well. It's funny. But, Gab. I am so excited for you to meet him. You know what I also-"

"Jess, I think Ethan is also here," My eyes widened as I realized that I blurted it out, Jess also looked at me with a look of surprise in her face.

"Oh my gosh, Gab. You're thinking of Ethan."

"What no! I'm just, I just thought he's here. I think I saw his painting,"

Jess smirked at me, "You remember his painting?" she said as she sipped on her coffee.

"What do you mean? Of course, we all remember his works," I responded.

"Not everybody does. Not me," she jokingly raised up her arms.

"No, no, no. It's not what you think," I paused as Ian flashed through my mind.

"And," she looked at me waiting, "Ian was acting weird towards me last time I went to have dinner with them."

Jess paused for a moment, "You are such a naive girl."

I hate to admit it but I know what Jessica is talking about but I didn't want to believe it myself.