Sixteen: The Cosmos

Daniel and Jess started to hang out more. Daniel is really a sweet guy, though there are still questions in my mind, it feels good that everything's getting better. I asked Daniel what Ethan thinks about it but he told me that Ethan doesn't know anything and that it's best if I wouldn't let him know about it. I find that weird. I wanted to ask Ethan about it but I decided to just be silent about it since I know he wouldn't answer me at all.

"Class dismiss," Mrs. Collado said, "And oh, Ms. Sanchez? How's your poem? Mr. Carter wants to know if it's going well?"

I nodded, "Yes Ma'am, Ethan and I are almost done."

"Great! Can't wait to see your work!"

I smiled at her. Mrs. Collado is the total opposite of Mr. Carter. She is just so fond of me and she believes in my skill and talent.

"Thank you!" I stood up and saw Ian leaning on the door frame.

I noticed how he was observing me and it's kind of irritating.

I walked towards the door, near Ian, "What?"

"Come by our house. Let's have dinner."

I sighed, he knows I can't deny since I love to be with his family.

"Okay. If you excuse me, you're blocking my way," I replied coldly.

"Oh come on, Gabrielle. Don't give me that cold shoulder again. I thought everything's fine when I went over to your place," he stopped, "Oh, I was right. I guess not. Since that, that guy came, you have been avoiding me. I mean do you really have to do that?"

I stopped walking and turned around to look at him, "No, Ian. It's not just about that, in fact, that's such a shallow reason. You're the one who changed first."

"I did?"

I started walking out of the university.

"What are you doing? You're coming with me!" He said.

"I'll take the bus instead."

"Hey, no. Gabrielle," Ian grabbed my arms, "Just please."

I looked at him and I saw him panting. Sadness is written all over his face.

"Fine. But be nice."

I heard him sigh as we went towards his car.

I thought that the ride to his house would be silent. I thought he wouldn't pry more about it.

"So, I noticed how you're becoming closer with that guy."

"Seriously, Ian? Are we talking about this again? And stop calling him 'that guy,' cause he has a name you know?"

"I knew there was something weird about that guy," he scoffed.

I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"You're hanging out with somebody you don't even know."

"I know Ethan. I've known him since high school."

"And we've known each other since we were kids," again, there was sadness in his eyes but he quickly tried to cover it with his anger.

"You're not making any sense."

"Ethan Jackson? He doesn't even have a clear profile. He went away for a week, did he tell you what he was on about?"

I hissed at Ian, "Seriously, Ian? You have the time to pry over his private life. No, he didn't tell me and I respect him for that. He's not obligated to tell me everything."

"Ah so, you're finally admitting that there's something going on between you two."

"And what does it have to do with you?"