Eighteen: Space

Ethan pulled me into a hug as we enjoyed the movie on the screen. Honestly, I can't even focus anymore. All I wanna do is snuggle under his arms. I looked at him and observed his strong features. The way he's focused into the movie is melting me. I smiled to myself. I moved in a little to his face and he slowly looked at me.

"Don't be naughty," he whispered to me. 

I smiled sheepishly, "Can we just stay like this a little longer?"

The joy in his face immediately faded but he quickly covered it up and kissed me on my forehead.

"No matter what happens, I will always love you, Gabrielle."

"What was that about?" I asked smacking him lightly.

After the movie, Ethan said that he has some business to do. I didn't bother to ask about it since I'm waiting for him to talk to me about his life without me forcing him to.

"Hey, I want to bond with you and your mom again," I said as he was packing up his things.

He stopped for a moment and smiled, "That'll be great," he reached out to kiss me before going out on his way.

"How's you poem? Do you need any help?"

"Actually, it's done. I just need to go over it again and make some changes."

"We'll pull this off," he said holding my shoulders. I nodded in response.

"See you, Bub," I said.

"I love you," he said and I almost melted.

"I love you," I said as I wave my hands up.

That was such a sweet and ethereal moment, right? I tell you what, Ethan has been so moody these past few days because after that day he was ignoring me.

"Don't tell me he's ignoring me again?" I rolled my eyes, "Ethan, why are you doing this to me?"

I didn't do anything during the day, I just stayed home and cleaned my apartment. From time to time, I would check my phone to see if Ethan replied or called me but he didn't. I threw myself on the bed, "What is going on!?" One, he already ignored me before and it is so freaking disappointing, it hurts you really bad that the person you really like to be with will act as if you're not there. Two, I'm worried something might have happened to him.

I texted Ethan to meet him up before I get ready for this day. After showering, I grabbed a dress to match it with my favorite necklace. I grabbed my phone and saw that Ethan didn't reply to my text messages. My brows furrowed in confusion, "He's probably still asleep."

My ride on my way to school was short, I saw Ethan sitting on the bench. My eyes immediately lit up.

"Hey Ethan!" I called to him and saw him looked at me.

"Gabrielle!" Jessica rushed towards me to give me a hug, "Are you okay?"

I shrugged, "I'll tell you everything, what about you and Daniel?"

She rolled her eyes, "They were forcing me to stop talking to him."

"I can't believe this anymore."

"I know, something is definitely up."

"Hey, Jessica. I have to go, I have to talk to Ethan."

She nodded and went out of her way.

I turned around to look at Ethan and realized that he wasn't there anymore. This is definitely weird.

After our class, Mr. Carter talked to me about our work and I told him that we were already done with it.