Seventeen: The Fireworks

After that night, our relationship changed. We don't talk about it but we know what we feel towards each other. I started to keep our relationship in private, since I know that my parents - especially Ian will be against it.

Today, I decided to visit Ethan. I looked at the mirror and smiled to myself. I lightly brushed my hair and added a small amount of make-up.

"Great," I told myself.

I dropped by Mary Grace's to buy his favorite sweets. It didn't take me so long to arrive at his apartment.  I went inside the building and asked the guards for directions but they told me that Ethan wasn't expecting any visitors.

"I am his girlfriend," I blurted out. What is wrong with you, Gabrielle?

The guard looked at me, "Are you sure?"

"Are you serious? Of course, I am. We've been together for two years now," I snickered, "Besides, I am here to surprise him!" I said as I raised up the food that I bought. Way to go, Gabrielle.

He glanced at me for the last time before letting me go, "Okay, Room 5, 3rd floor."

"Thank you!" I smiled at him.

I made my way into Ethan's floor and instantly stood in front of his door.

"You can do this, Gab," I inhaled as I patted myself.

I pressed the doorbell and waited for Ethan to open his door.

To my surprise, a woman is standing in front of me. My heart suddenly dropped. What is this?!

"Oh?" I looked at the room number, "I'm sure I heard the guard right? 305? Ethan Jackson?"

The woman looked at me, "Oh! You're looking for Ethan?"

I nodded, "Yes." I saw Ethan peeked as soon as I responded. The woman seemed to notice that something is up. She looked at me and turned towards Ethan.

"You didn't tell me you'll have a visitor."

His eyes lit up but tried to conceal it from the woman, "I, uh, I didn't know either."

That annoyed me, so why is he trying to hide me from this woman? You want a piece of game. Well then, bring it on.

"Well, if you excuse me, I am his girlfriend," I told the woman with confidence and made my way into Ethan's apartment.

"Oh! Girlfriend huh," her eyes widened in surprise.

I smirked, "Yes, and you are?"

She ignored me for a moment, "What are you doing, darling? Sit down," the woman said as she gently pushed me down the couch.

I raised my brows in confusion and looked at Ethan. I saw his face twitching as he was trying to hold himself down. He looked at me and he shook his head. I mouthed a "WHAT" at him and he just laughed silently.

"So, Ethan?" the woman looked at Ethan as she passed me a glass of water.

"Oh, yeah right," he stuttered as he looked at me, "Mom, this is Gabrielle," I looked up when I realized that he called her mom. My eyes widened in shock, so that explains it.

"Oh, is this the girl you've been talking about?" I looked at Ethan and saw him brushed his hair.

"And Gabrielle, this is my mom, Olivia."

I cleared my throat and reached out my hands to shake her hands, "Nice meeting you, Ma'am. Uh, I am sorry for what I did there a while ago," I said and forced a smile. I am dying out of shame right now.