No one said it would be easy

Good thing? I'm making progress. Things are getting better, but not easy. If anything it's getting tougher. Yes sometimes I fall back, but instead of dwelling on it, I shrug it off and get back on track.
But it's difficult, to stay on the track. When you fail, you don't feel motivated and when you succeed you feel anything is possible and you let the success get to your head. It's not a day by day thing, it's an hourly effort. Now I'm not saying make things complicated for yourself, I'm saying,  for me I have to monitor my self all the time.
So I'm trying to change the habit of letting a small positive result inflate my ego too much, that I start to count my chickens before they hatch, and not do anything progressive.
To find a solution, I observed myself to find the exact problem, and I found one and let's say the biggest weakness, which is " Trying to take the easy way out." Which is ok on some occasions but not always.

It's hard to break this habit, it's like I forget my purpose, but I don't. I just overthink how will I do it and what will happen when I finish it, instead of actually doing the work. And then I look for easy solutions and this points towards my habit of being lazy. Things get more worse even after taking the easy way out, since the easy way is not that easy and I need to put in some effort, so I ask other people for help and then when I finish my task and let's say get good outcome, I don't feel I deserve this success and whole guilt drowns me. So I guess you see where I'm wrong. I know the solution seems easy, may be for most people but for me it's where I'm ruining everything for me.
So I am checking my self to not do it, but doing the actual work is the main task. Now with this, I'll search for solutions and if you guys have some advice, feel free to tell me. I need this to work out.