December 1st - Feedback

I really hate to say it, but honestly, I can't say that this was my cup of tea. BDSM kinda weirds me out so I feel like I can't give a very fair review of your story. So instead of talking about the content and characters I will talk about the writing itself. Your descriptions and grammar are both very good. My only issue with the writing and style was the pacing of it. The first chapter kind of exploded, which is not something I am used to happening, and I feel like the sex came a bit too soon (forgive the pun). However, feel free to completely ignore this review, since I am sure others loved it.

Medula (Medula-Oblongata)

~*~*~

Overall, I had mixed feelings about the book. The topic wasn't something that I would choose to read on my own but that didn't stop me from finding parts of it that intrigued me. I am not a fan of BDSM but I thought that this was well done and the way that the story developed was unique and took a very favorable direction. I appreciated the way that the married couple both developed some kind of emotional connection to the MC. It made it easier for me to embrace a topic that is normally outside of my preference.

The ending I wasn't excited about. Now I know that there is a book two but I would have liked there to be more of a complete resolution of the original storyline. Perhaps, there is some profession of feelings but I do get that the culture may not permit that so I am trying to resolve my own preferences with the cultural differences. If I am being honest, I think that the story was overall well done. There is sufficient drama and the way that things play out are believable. I would have liked to see the resolution with the work issue. That faded into the ether. I would have liked to have known who the person in the photo was or seen a glimpse into who was responsible for the fire even if it isn't given away. I felt dropped without any resolution and I do get that this is done in some books it has never been something I am a fan of. I like there to be some resolution before starting the next adventure. Let me have some closure. Great read though so thank you for including it in the club.

Catherine (CatherineDeynes)

~*~*~

I will start by saying BDSM, but especially hardcore BDSM, isn't my thing. It doesn't upset me to read about it, it just isn't a turn on. With that out of the way, I will say that despite the BDSM I enjoyed the book. I have already spoken to Lila about my thoughts on her book but for the purpose of posting this review, I will tell you what I liked and disliked.

I didn't dislike anything. As I said, the BDSM isn't for me but it also didn't bother me and it was done with respect to the BDSM community. Meaning there was 100% consent and actions were carried out as far as the submissive could handle them. There were times she could not and the Dom stopped. Thank you for doing this because of the damage was done to the BDSM community after abominations like the 50 Shades series, we need a book that portrays proper Dom/Sub relationships. There is nothing I would change.

I liked the story enough that I will continue to read it as time allows. Lila is a fantastic writer and you can tell she put a lot of time and effort into editing her book to where there were almost no errors. Her knowledge of and respect for Japanese culture is evident and appreciated. I liked the characters and even towards the end, you could see growth, even in Honda.

Of course, my love is Yuki and I would steal her for myself. She was the biggest turn on in the book for me. I love everything about her. Again, all the characters are likable but I liked her best.