[ 8 ]

"They locked me in a box, they hate how God just keep on blessin' me
They locked me in a box, I pray to God this ain't my destiny
I don't drink no lean, I'm sippin' on holy water like it's my medicine
I'm a livin' testimony, every album like a testament
Everything I went through made me who I am 'cause he be testin' me
So I'm breakin' bread with all my fam 'cause I don't take no ecstasy
I done sacrificed my niggas 'cause none of my niggas see the best in me
They want me slingin' metal like the Devil, but I'm Heaven-sent"
- Kodak Black

Chance

"I gotta chill out on KD. Your wife about to kill me." Prince spoke, looking to be deep in his thoughts. I frowned, trying to figure out what he was talking about.

"I haven't talked to KD in three weeks, so I have no idea what you're even talking about." His smile dropped and he looked away from me. "What the hell you been doing to my wife?" He shrugged his shoulders which pissed me off.

"Just little shit to get under her skin. Like posting a picture of Chas on social media, redecorating the store-"

"What's so bad about posting pictures of Chas?" I didn't think anything of it when he asked to post a picture of Chas, because all of my family used to post pictures of Caleb. We always posted each other.

"You know KD been acting like she on the run from the FEDS ever since you got locked up. She don't let anyone put pictures of Chas on the internet."

"Has she posted any pictures of Chas?"

"Nope. She barely posts pictures of herself." He still was avoiding eye contacting and it was starting to piss me off. I slammed my fist against the table to get his attention.

"Leave her the fuck alone. That shit fucked her up. You weren't in that car with us. If it wasn't for KD you wouldn't even be talking to me right now. She saved our lives while witnessing our child die. She almost lost Chas too. That shit is traumatizing. If she asks you not to do something, don't do it. Don't be on that petty shit. She's still my wife, and my daughter's mother. Respect her."

"You gotta respect her too, Chance. You in here in a whole fucking relationship, but telling me to respect your wife. You tell her that P is pregnant?" He questioned, referring to my counselor, Paris. I've been fucking with Paris since she started working here during my second year. It didn't really get serious between us until last year when I gave up all hope of Kadence ever coming to visit me and I found myself actually catching feelings for Paris. I figured I wasn't going to be spending ten years being lonely while in my mind Kadence was living her life. I didn't start feeling guilty until I realized Kadence actually hadn't been fucking with anyone else. Now apart of me is afraid that I might actually lose her to this new nigga.

"Nah. She knows I've been fucking her, but I haven't went into any details. Plus I believe the baby is mine, but I can't be a hundred percent sure. I don't see P outside of here so I'm not about to run around telling everyone I have a baby on the way. With how everything has been going with KD, I don't even really feel comfortable going back home when I get out."

"You can't stay with me. Ree and I be on some nasty shit." I laughed and shook my head.

"You weren't even an option. I think I'm going to go stay with mama. If my parole gets approved she's the only person other than KD that they will approve me to stay with. That way KD and I can sort out whatever it is that we have going on and I'll see about P." Paris has proven to me how much she's all about me, but I'm not naive about anything. I know where I'm at, so I'm cautious about the pregnancy but I'm not about to front on her over it. I've been fucking her raw so it's a strong possibility.