[ 19 ]

"I had to let go
I'm in my bag bro
If it ain't about the cash flow
I'm sorry got to pass on
I got to pass on you, yeah
Never be the same
Won't trust you like I used to
Wake up in the morning
I can't fuck you like I used to
Never be the same"
- Tinashe

Kadence

I sat in my car while looking up at the house in front of me. Even though I told Ink he had me for the next twenty four hours that ended up not being true. We had a really fun day together, but as soon as we made it back to his condo I made up an excuse to leave. I just can't see myself spending the night with him and giving him false hope. He's obviously growing feelings for me that I'm not able to reciprocate. I was going to go home, but somehow I ended up here. Waiting for a sign on if I should be here or not.

"Please don't be stupid, KD. You need to move on." I spoke to myself. Trying to talk myself into starting my car back up and going home. My phone vibrated in the center console and I ignored it until it continue to buzz, letting me know that I was most likely being tagged in something. I reluctantly pulled my phone out and my stomach immediately began to flutter at the post everyone was reacting to.

 I reluctantly pulled my phone out and my stomach immediately began to flutter at the post everyone was reacting to

1chnce when I tell y'all my momma keeps every picture ever. This was me and @watchkd on like our third or fourth date. Lol. Can't wait to show Chasity these pictures when she gets older #theParents #trueLove

I looked through the comments and started laughing when I seen Brit had commented.

lmfaooooo @watchkd you want me to report this.... because yeah this is next level

I locked my phone and got out of my car. I made my way up to the front door and used my key to get in. I made sure I locked the door behind myself and quietly made my way upstairs and to his room. I opened his room door to see him sitting on the foot of his bed in only a pair of boxers and his ankle monitor. His full attention turned from his phone to me at my sudden intrusion.

"KD, what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want to be home alone and Chasity is here." I carefully closed the door behind me and locked it. Can't take any chances of anyone walking in and seeing me here with him. I took off my hoodie and shirt, dropping it along with my backpack in his chair. I pulled off my sweatpants as well, sitting them in the chair as well. I walked over to his dresser and pulled out one of his undershirts to put on. Chance didn't say anything at all, but I could feel his eyes following my every move.

"How much longer do you plan on being up? You know I can't sleep with the lights on." I spoke while climbing into the bed. I got under the comforter and looked over at him to wait for his response.