[ 15 ]

"I remember when we started in your new thing
Got you curving side bitches like some loose change
I made you a new flame
I been riding wit' you
Don't you remember when I told you I was stay down
Not going back 'cause maybe I need a break now
Before I break down
Worked so hard
It's so hard
Baby to let it fall apart"
- LeToya Luckett

Chance

"I thought you said you'd be here first thing in the morning? It's going on eleven, KD." I have no problem with keeping Chasity, but I already invited Paris and she should be here within the next hour. Kadence and I haven't discussed her meeting Chasity yet and I don't know if she wants to meet her before hand.

"I'm running a bit behind. Just get her dressed and I'll do her hair when I get there. What are you rushing me for anyways? Didn't we agree on half days for the holidays?"

"Yeah, but Paris will be here soon and we haven't talked about her meeting Chasity."

"Isn't that lady having your baby? You should definitely be the one to introduce them. It's not my place to handle that introduction. She'll have questions about it, but you should be able to handle them. It's no secret to her that we're not together. You don't even live with us, and you haven't lived with us for as long as she's been alive. She'll probably be happy to know that you have a girlfriend and a baby on the way. I have to go, bye."

"Wait-" She ended the call and I let out a frustrated groan. I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I hope I don't confuse her. Damn, I'm not prepared for this at all. I walked into Chasity's bedroom and over to her closet. I don't even know what to put her in.

"Chasity! Come here!" I yelled out while flipping through the many dresses and outfits in her closet. I can tell exactly what clothes clothes my momma and aunties bought for her compared to what my brothers and Tink bought for her.

"Yes, Daddy?" I glanced back to see her still in her pajamas with her hair all over her head.

"What you wanna wear?"

"Umm..." She tapped her finger against her chin and began rocking back and forth on the heels of her feet. "That one." She pointed at a pink velour jumpsuit. I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed it off the hanger.

"I trust you. Let's get you dressed. Daddy's friend will be here soon."

"What kind of friend?" I started taking off her pajamas while thinking of how I could describe my relationship with Paris. We aren't in a relationship, so I don't want to tell her she's my girlfriend, but I can't say she's simply my friend when we have a baby on the way.

"A friend like mommy."

"I don't need another mommy." Okay, well that approach didn't work.

"I know you don't. She's daddy's friend. She'll be your little brother's mommy." She looked up at me when I said that and I could see the questions in her eyes.

"A brother like Caleb?" I stared into her eyes trying to find the right words to say to her. This is why I needed KD here for. I don't want to end up saying the wrong thing or planting the wrong ideas into her head.

"Not quite. The baby is from me and my friend, not me and mommy. You and Caleb are from me and mommy." I zipped up her jumpsuit and took the ponytail holder out her hair so I could fix her ponytail.

"So why you don't give the baby to mommy instead of your other friend?"

"I wish it was that easy, but it isn't. The baby is already growing inside of her stomach. Your brother will be here soon."