[ 20 ]

"She cute or whateva'
But I could introduce you to someone much better
And you know that's me, much better
If you want a bad bitch, makin' money (check)
Need someone to call you up when you're lonely (check)
Or put it on you real good when you want it
I can love you right
I'm not the jealous type, but boy
I can treat you right
Much better, much better, much better than she can
But, I'm not jealous, cause I can treat you better"
- Bahja Rodriguez

Prince

"You moving to KD's house? I hope you know the only available room is in the basement. I'm not coming up off of my room for you. Killa damn sure doesn't play about his room either. I mean there's momma's room, but it's decorated in coral and all them girly colors." I put my phone on speaker and placed it on my bed so I can finish getting ready.

"I'm going to take whatever available room I see. Y'all don't live there and y'all barely be over there as far as I know."

"As long as you're okay with staring at a picture of me on the wall then go for it."

"Excuse me? Why the hell would you have pictures of yourself on the wall of a guest room?"

"Because it's MY room. I am the guest. It was Chasity's idea anyways so it's going to be up there until she decides for us to redecorate. I'm only preparing you Chance. You've never been over there and KD definitely isn't letting you move into her room. She's not ready for that." I put on two of my chains and grabbed a black beanie.

"Y'all awfully close all of a sudden."

"We have a unique relationship. She's really like my big little stepsister. We mess with each other, but not really. With you being gone we were forced to have to depend on each other for stuff we usually went to you for. Mainly with Chasity. I wanted to make sure that my niece had me to make up for what was missing with you being gone. It all just depends on the mood of the day with me and KD. Either we're rocking tough, or at each other's throats for months on end." It's hard trying to explain my relationship with KD and it's why people always assume it's some shit going on with us. I would never fuck KD, even if she didn't have anything going on with my brother. She's just not my type.

"I have to get used to y'all having an actual relationship with each other. When I went to prison y'all basically hated each other and now you have your own room at her house."

"You'll see it for yourself if you actually move back in with her. If you're there I'll be over there more. The other night was the first time I'd been over there in months." Chance going to jail did force me to build an actual relationship with KD, but things that I'll probably never bring up to Chance is why my close relationship with KD didn't last long. Chance has a horrible temper, so I know that even though the situation happened a while back he'll still probably overreact badly to it.

"From my room in the basement?"

"The basement is nice though. You're hating from outside the club right now. I doubt anyone has even stayed in that room so you should feel honored. Besides it's not like you have a choice, Chas already told you that she sleeps with KD and isn't making room for you on the bed."

"Even on a full size bed it'll still be room for me with their little asses. I'm not just going to jump into her bed though. I want them to get used to having my presence around and work on building our bond back up." A frown grew on my face, not really knowing how to take their relationship anymore.

"All bullshit aside, who are you trying to be with?"

"Until we've exhausted every single option, I'm going to continue trying to make things work with KD. That's my wife and I still love the hell out of her. I care for Paris, but she'll never be KD." I stayed silent, knowing that if he asked I might end up saying something he's not ready to hear about Paris yet. Ever since KD asked me about her I put a track on her and let's just say that she hasn't been the most honest in this equation. Regardless, I don't want Chance to choose who he wants to be with by hearing something that might change his view of her. He needs to choose based on his feelings.