[ 25 ]

"Now its hard for me to trust somebody
Family neither they'll steal if they know you got it
God forgive me I been hurt by a couple niggas
That's why I wake up say my prayers and be like fuck a nigga
Bitches want riches so they trying to slide the rubber off trying to get pregnant
When you stupid hoes gon' learn yo lesson
Man it seem like the mo love you show a nigga
When you fall off you be like damn did I know this nigga
I'm glad I rap cuz these days they testify
Nigga ain't catch you with nothin' and he got 25
Just cuz he say he gon' ride don't mean he loyal dawg
It's Cain and Abel again forgive us father God"
- Lil Boosie

Chance

"Hi, Chance." Paris greeted while wrapping her arms around me in a hug. It took everything in me to wrap one arm around her in a half hug. Knowing how fake she's been.

"Hey. How's the baby doing?" I pretended to care. With all the secrets coming out lately, I no longer feel any connection to the baby she's carrying. She can be pregnant from anyone for all I know and I refuse to wait it out to find out anything. I don't want any parts of her around me.

"He's moving. He's been having me super sleepy lately." I looked into Paris' eyes and she quickly looked away, breaking the eye contact. I must really didn't care about anything to have ignored the obvious signs with her.

"Well let me show you to the dining room. Kadence's auntie made some Jamaican food for tonight." KD's dad and his side of the family are all Jamaican which confirms why they're so crazy.

"That sounds amazing right now." She groaned as we walked into the dining room. Everyone was in here but KD and Brit. Out of everyone here, Brit is probably the only one KD can fully trust right now. I don't know if she's prepared for tonight, but since KD is training her as her personal assistant it's best that she sees this side of KD. I pulled out the chair for Paris and pushed it in once she sat down. My mom and Kalvin's mom are in the pool house with the kids. They're having a movie night, roasting marshmallows, and doing other Christmas activities. Since we're still hosting Christmas here we wanted to keep them separate from what would be going on here in the main house.

I took a seat at the head of the table and looked across where Kalvin occupied the other head. I'm just waiting on whatever he's hiding to come to light. He's been going out of his way to try and break KD and I up, and KD swears her brother can do no wrong. Her entire family walks around like they're perfect and I know they aren't. Prince, Ree, Drew and Tink sat on one side of the table. Ink, Paris, Xavier and Jay sat on the other side. There's an empty seat beside me for Kadence and a seat next to Xavier for Brit.

"I'm so happy everyone made it!" KD exclaimed while rolling in a mobile bar with a couple wine bottles on it. Brit followed behind her and walked over to take her seat next to Zoo. "This is the first holiday everyone has come together since we lost Caleb. In celebration of Chance being home, tonight will be focused on honesty and forgiveness. As long as everyone decides to be honest about their wrongdoings then I will choose to be forgiving. Let's eat!" She clapped her hands together and took her seat next to me. Everyone fell into small talk around the table as we began making our plates. I don't know exactly how KD planned for this dinner to go, but when I looked over and seen her twisting a silencer onto her gun under the table I knew she was going to jump straight into it.

"So, Zoo and I had an interesting morning today." She spoke up, drawing everyone's attention.

"Couldn't have been too interesting if I wasn't invited." Brit responded while scooping more rice and beans onto her plate.