Mashton // Hold On by Good Charlotte

{{may be triggering}}

"Hold on, if you feel like letting go. Hold on, it gets better than you know. Don't stop looking, you're one step closer. Don't stop searching, it's not over. Hold on."

Michael's p.o.v

"Bye baby, see you later. I love you." Ashton said, kissing me before leaving for the studio.

"Bye. I love you most." I said, smiling and hugging him. "I love you so much." Ashton opened the front door and left me standing in my living room. Our "thing" is him saying 'I love you' and me responding with 'I love you most'. My smile formed into a frown and slowly walked upstairs to my bedroom. When I got there, I sat down on my bed and let my thoughts wander. Ashton and I have been dating for a couple of months now. After I came out, I started getting a lot of hate. People were telling me to kill myself and I became depressed, so I started cutting. Ashton knows and he's been trying to help me through it. Lately, it's gotten to be too much. I know what I'm going to do. I walk over to the closet, grabbing my gun that I have in case of emergency and put it to my head, and sit back down on the bed. By now I'm sobbing and shaking uncontrollably. I look down at the note that I wrote Ashton.

"I'm sorry Ashton. I'm sorry I was never good enough for you. I'm disgusting and everyone hates me. You probably do too. I don't blame you. This is best for you. Now that I'm gone, you won't have to deal with me. You can find an amazing boyfriend who will treat you right. Don't cry for me because I know it's best that I'm gone. Don't feel guilty. This isn't your fault. Just promise me you'll find someone that you truly love and live a long, happy life with them? Thank you for being there for me even though you didn't have to. I love you most."

Attached was a picture of me and him at a Fall Out Boy concert. Our first date. I was so happy that day. Ashton makes me happy. I just want what's best for him, and that's me being gone. I closed my eyes and sobbed louder, putting a little pressure on the trigger. I was about to shoot, but I felt a hand over my hand on the gun.

"Please, Michael, don't." I opened my eyes to find Ashton standing over me and crying. "Baby, please. I'm begging you. I need you here, with me. I love you." I looked up at him and slowly gave him the gun. He took it from me and put the safety on before placing it on the bedside table. He stood between my legs and leaned down to hug me, sobbing loudly. I hesitantly hugged back, crying into his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry baby." I whimpered. Ashton lightly pushed me onto the bed, crawling on top of me.

"Michael, I love you so much. You are so amazing and beautiful and talented and perfect. You are everything I need and want. You need to know this. You don't deserve any pain. I'm sorry for everything you've been through. I'm here for you, and I always will be. Please baby, I love you. I love you I love you I love you." Ashton said, placing wet kisses all over my neck and face. He looked into my eyes and kissed my lips. He hugged me tightly and I smiled slightly. He pulled away and nuzzled his face in my neck. He laid down next to me, his head on my chest and his arm wrapped around my waist.

"I love you most." I said, kissing the top of his head.