Lashton // Maya The Psychic by Gerard Way

{{may be triggering}}

"Are you hearing voices again? Are they with you, and are they giving you commands? I know you've had choices to make, but I'm with you. You're never facing them alone again."

Luke's p.o.v

I can hear them. I still hear them. I can't get them to stop. They're yelling at me, telling me to do awful things. So I do the only thing I think of doing, I listen to them.

Do it. Grab the blade and cut yourself. It's not that hard. You deserve it.

So I do. I go into the bathroom and grab my blades. I sit on the floor and roll up my sleeves. I make the first couple cuts pretty shallow, but began going deeper the more I get into it. I smile at my gruesome arms. I stand up and clean up my arm and the floor and go lay down on my bed in my room, falling asleep to the sound of the voices.

When I wake up, I'm dizzy. I haven't eaten in a couple of days because the voices told me I'm too fat and I don't deserve to eat. I stand up slowly and walk into the living room. I sit down and turn on the tv. Right when I started getting into the show, the voices returned.

You're such a freak, just kill yourself already. No one loves you anyway, so why does it matter? No one cares about you. They all hate you. They all want you gone. You're just a burden. Even Ashton thinks so.

I frown and nod my head. The only person who (I think) cares about me is Ashton. He's my best friend. He's been by my side through everything. But I don't want him getting hurt, so I pushed him away. He didn't stop talking to me though. He keeps calling, texting, and leaving me voicemails telling me he cares about me and wants to talk to me. I don't really believe him though. Right when I was about to stand up to get my blades again, my phone buzzed. I picked it up from the couch and unlocked the screen

8 missed calls from Ash
17 missed texts from Ash
6 voicemails from Ash

I sighed and read through my missed texts. Most of them asking how I was doing, and the others asking to hang out. I decided to call him because the guilt was eating away at me. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hello? Luke?" He frantically asked. I cleared my throat and nodded. I realized that he couldn't see me so I spoke.

"Y-yeah. Why have you been texting and calling me so much?" I questioned. I heard him sigh.

"I miss you, I want to see you. Is it bad that I want to hang out with my best friend?" He asked. I smiled and ran my fingers through my messy blonde hair.

"I... I miss you too." I told him. I heard rustling on the other line.

"Good, you better. I'm coming over and you can't tell me no." He told me. My eyes widened and I frowned deeply.

"No, but I-" I started to say before I was cut off.

"No buts, I'll be over in five." He said then hung up. I stood up and threw my phone across the room. I screamed loudly, throwing stuff everywhere. I curled up in a ball and cowered in a corner of the room.

He's going to see you and realize what a freak you are. He's going to hate you and never want to talk to you again. You better lock the door and kill yourself before he comes. You don't want him to see you in this condition, now do you?

I gripped my hair and pulled at my hair.
"Shut up! Shut up shut up shut the fuck up!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, sobbing loudly and repeatedly hitting my head. I was so consumed in my own world that I didn't even see Ashton come in, until I felt someone shaking me.

"Luke, stop!" I heard Ashton yell, shaking my arms. I shakily looked up at him, still crying. I've never seen him so scared.

"A-Ashton?" I frowned and stared at him. He nodded and started silently crying, his tears flowing down his face but his mouth not making a sound.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled, pulling me to him. I gripped the back of his shirt and clung to him.

"I-I'm so sorry, Ashton. I didn't want you to see me like this. That's why I didn't want you coming over. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want you thinking I'm a freak." I told him. He just hugged me tighter.

"I will never leave you, Luke. I'll always be here for you, okay? I will never hate you and I do not think you are a freak. I think the exact opposite actually. I think you are so amazing. I love you. I'm here to help you." He pulled back a little bit and looked me straight in the eyes. I smiled and looked down. Before I knew what was happening, I felt a pair of lips on mine. I closed my eyes and kissed back. It ended too soon. I opened my eyes slowly and saw Ashton smiling at me.

"I love you too." I told him. He grinned and kissed me again.

"I'm going to make everything better, I promise." I heard him mumble against my lips.