Muke // Late Nights In My Car by Real Friends

{{kinda short and probably boring but I guess you can call this fluff??? Idk I never really write fluff so... enjoy I guess??}}

"I've been up spending every late night in my car, listening to all these sad songs. I know it sounds weird but they're helping me move past all these things in my head."

Luke's p.o.v

I sigh as I drive up to my usual spot in the abandoned parking lot. The building that this parking lot was for shut down a couple of years ago. Ever since a whole bunch of shit went down in my life, I've been finding refuge anywhere far from home. I turn off my car and wrap my arms around the steering wheel, leaning my head on my arms. The radio continued to play even after I turned off the engine.

...I'll give you one more time. I'll give you one more fight. Said one more line. Well, I know you. Now if you never shoot you'll never know. And if you never eat you'll never grow. You've got a pretty kind of dirty face...

I let the soothing, sad sound of robbers by the 1975 fill my ears. As my mind began to wander over the past few days, I began crying. I let the only person I've ever loved slip away from me. Michael. My boyfriend, well, now ex. It's all my fault, really. He shouldn't forgive me. I really fucked up this time. Two nights ago I got drunk at a party I was attending with Michael and kissed a girl. She kissed me, to be fair. I tried to push her off of me because her lips tasted nothing like Michael. He caught us and stormed out of the party. When I got home, I found him crying on the living room floor. We had a huge fight and he left. I haven't talked to him since. It's been two nights since I was able to hold him. It's killing me. I just miss him, and nothing can fill the hole inside me. As I was crying, I heard my phone ring on the passenger seat. I hastily wiped the tears flowing down my face and sniffled before retrieving my phone. I unlocked the screen and my frown broke out into a grin at the sight.

"Baby, I've missed you so much. Please come back, I'm begging you. I love you." I say to Michael before he can even tell me what he wanted to tell me. I heard him sigh.

"Luke..." He starts before I cut him off.

"No, you listen to me. My life has been a living hell since you left. I know I made a dick move and saying that I was drunk isn't an excuse, but come on. I'm gay, Michael. And the only person I want to kiss is you. You have to believe me." I say desperately.

"And why is that, Lucas? Why do I have to believe you? I saw you kissing a girl, Luke. A fucking girl! If you're really gay, you wouldn't be kissing a girl! You know what? Whatever. I called to ask to see you to talk about this, but I don't know if I want to anymore." He sounds tired. As in, tired of me. That is the last thing I want Michael to think.

"No, don't leave. Let's meet and talk, yeah? Come to my house, please. I'm so sorry." I plead.

"Okay, but I'm only giving you this one chance. Don't blow it." He says before hanging up. I run my hands through my hair frustratingly, then hit the steering wheel repeatedly. I sigh loudly and turn on the car.

I arrive home a couple of minutes later, seeing Michael already sitting on the porch steps. I run up to him and try to hug him, but he pushes me away slightly.

"Where were you?" He asks as I unlock the front door. He pushes past me to walk inside and I follow him.

"I was just out to think about things. About us, exactly." I tell him as we sit on my tattered couch.

"Yeah... about that..." He says slowly, but I interrupt him yet again. I face him and grab both of his hands. His whole body is facing me, and mine facing him.

"I want this to work, Michael. I need this to work, I need us to work. I love you so much and I cannot let you go. I'll do anything to make you stay with me." I start to tear up again, but control it. I see tears forming in his eyes and mentally punch myself for hurting such a beautiful boy. He nods and places my hands over his heart. It's beating fast, almost as fast as mine.

"This is what you do to me, Luke. You make me feel things I have never felt with anyone ever before. I know you messed up, but to be fair, you were drunk. I believe you, okay? I know you would never intentionally hurt me. I know you didn't mean for it to happen. I can't let you go, either. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you." Both of us are crying by now.

He starts to laugh, which is not really a proper thing to do at a time like this, but seeing him laugh makes me laugh. Soon we're laughing, crying messes, holding on to each other. We lay down on the couch and I lean up to kiss him. He smiles and kisses me back. It was nothing sexual really, there was no lust or sexual desire. It was just us showing our love, and showing us how much we missed and needed each other. He pulled away and I rested my head in the crook of his neck. I sighed contently, happy to be in Michael's arms again. This time I know I'm never going to let him go.