01| 'ALL'

➻

   The catastrophic war between mother nature and humans left both sides displaced in an eternal dystopian era, for many more generations that come fort to suffer the consequences of human greed and ignorance.

    However, the earth still bloomed and blossomed even when the humans abused and used it for their own benefit. For the benefit if winning a petty war no longer seem to hold a certain importance to today's humans. 

Y/N watched over the ledge were the ocean water brushed on the ledge occasionally- wet and slippy as it could ever be.It may be a ledge to many people in her community, but to her it is merely a wall. A fence keeping humans  away from seeing what awaits them out in the endless seas. The rest of the world.

Instead, they are closed off from the world happily accepting this way of life the higher-ups have set up has created for us, not only knowing that we are nothing but sheep in a cage. 

  Y/N sighed moving back her sweeping the floors of her fathers old study room. A room that he used to enjoy coming to ever since the tragic incident which lead to his distaste  for the room. Y/N found herself coming more often when she was doing chores or not because it soon became one of her favorite places where she spent most of her free time in.

  This place held a very special place in her heart, connecting her to the spirit that conceived and brought her to this sweet-bitter world. When she finished sweeping the floors, Y/N moved to the tables to dust the old maps sprawled over the table showing places one had traveled before.

 She observed the fine red pen marking stretching from places like whats used to the Americas to the broken chunks of what they called, the Mother Land, to tinier miniature islands where Y/N knew her family were located once  was called the Yellow sea. 

     "Y/N what are you doing here?"

She spun to the sound of her father in the room. By the looks of his face, he was not too happy to see her going through his things. Even if he doesn't use it anymore.

"Why aren't you cleaning more important places in the house than this dump?"

"When yous said clean the house, I'm sure you were counting here too dad."

He shook his head letting go of the conversation. He through a basket into the room. "I need you to go to the market and get some items for our meal tonight," he cracked a small smile. "I'm making your favorite."

Y/N sighed taking the basket to her hand to find a single note on the inside which is the list of things her father sent for her to get. She might as well go now to take a break from her monotonous chores. 

"Hey, Y/N where are you going?" Her younger brother, Caleb entered the room unexpectedly when her dad left.

     "The market, you wanna come?"