03| 'STAY'

➻    

   ➻    

Whatever is claimed by a pirate stays with him on the boat till he finds better use for it. He can trade, sell, use or dispose his claimed goods. 

That applies to humans as well

 Sorry but it is the written rules the pirates and Islanders have agree upon.

   Y/N screamed into the top of her lungs, her face buried in the stuffed pillow. She held tightly to the fabric trying to keep her agony on the low. She could not believe she thought these people were actually going to let her go because they seemed nice. A savage pirate will always be one.

What were the previous humans thinking they agreed on this law with the sea-thugs? If was a violation of human rights and dignity. She thought of all the innocent people taken by force over seas to be with these savages- who knows what happened to them. 

Her mind instinctively went to her little brother, Caleb who might have been in her situation if she did not intervene. He is so lucky to have a sister like her. But now he has to bare the pain of not seeing the only female figure in his life anymore. Her father must be heart-broken losing  his loved one to the oceans again. 

Hot tears trickled down her face. She did not want to go the rest of her life thinking of that. She removed her face from the pillow and wiped her face clean. She looked herself in the hazy mirror- broken and tired. She was surprised her locket was still intact on her neck considering it is made of gold by the finest craftsman-ship and the pirates did not swoop that from her while she slept.

She opened the locket to see the face that always cheered her up whenever she was doubtful. Her mother smiled brightly with her two kids hugging her and a husband hands on her shoulder. 

She sucked her sniffles in closing the locket. Her mother always thought her not to give up in life not matter how hard the situation is. It is only temporary when you find something to do about the issue.

Y/N took the lamp with her and tip-toed around the room. She creaked open the door trying not to make a sound with the door and slipped out with ease. She kept her steps light-weight walking on floor-boards till she reached the door. 

Opening it carefully, she made it out to the top of the main deck looking around if there is any soul insight. She moved to the edges of the boat to successfully spot the life-boat hanging right by the side of the boat. 

She placed down her lamp and began to climb on board the life-boat. She had to loosen  the ropes keeping it attached. If she had another person with her, it would have made her job a lot more easier to loosen the rope at a gentle rate. However, she had to switch from one side to the other when the ropes were being untied. 

As she thought she was going an amazing job, the ropes gave out and left the boat fall halfway till it stopped mid-air. Y/N caught her breath from the sudden drop of the life-boat. A window appeared right in her view but there was nothing but darkness from the inside.