Chapter Thirty

Wandering down the single hallway leading to Charles' bedroom, I overhear his laughs from around the corner. The sound of Richard's voice erupted through the walls as I peaked my head around the corner seeing as Lady Rose walked out of the room and into the back stairs.

"Over your head!" Richard yells followed by his shadows running across the wooden floor.

Slowly approaching the door, I pushed it slightly until Charles runs past the door making me jump back a few steps.

"Your Majesty..." I heard Edward whisper.

Turning my head, he stood at the end of the hall where I heard Richard.

"Lord Seymour, good to see you again." I smiled.

"As always, Your Majesty. How has the ride back?" 

"Good...I wish I could stay back in Oxford until the baby is born." Taking one last look at the bedroom door, I headed back down the hall as the two of us continued to walk down the hallway.

"I'm sure the fresh air was what you need."

"Oh, yes...My father's selling our home so it was the last time we would be there." I whispered, holding onto the railing as we headed down the stairs.

"Really? Do you know to who?"

"No, Mister Philip never really discuss that with my father nor with me..."

"Well, I'm sure your home will be taken care of."

"It is...you should see the garden. It's beautiful, large bushes, a maze that could keep you out there for hours...a bridge that was torn down was rebuilt again so, I'm sure the house will be in good hands." I smiled, turning the corner towards the main corridor.

"I'm glad...maybe one day you can build a house similar to that one."

"Maybe...it's a shame that I couldn't bring some of the art pieces back. There's a painting on the ceiling of our grand room...you would love it." I sighed, looking up at Edward.

"Would I now?"

"Yes...I've noticed that you love religious paintings. My ladies have noticed you reading about them in the library."

"Those ladies of yours are sneaky." He chuckled.

"Thank you...I've trained them well."

Walking past a group of younger ladies, they each bowed as I smiled at them but not until I noticed their giggles once we had further down the corridor.

"Seems like you are an enjoyable view, Edward." I chuckled.

"To whom?"

"Really? You didn't notice the ladies giggling at you?" 

Stopping himself, he carelessly looked over his shoulder catching the eyes of the ladies as they all peaked over the corner before hiding away.

"Those girls?" He whispered.

"Well, who else?"

"...If it surprises you...they are not much my type."

"Oh, really? What is your type if I might ask...seeing as we were going to be courted, remember?"

"Oh, I remember clearly." He sighed, hearing his soft chuckle.

"...so?" I nudged.

"What is your type?"

Continuing with our walk, we manage to head further into the back of the castle where many servants where preparing for the spring carnival.

"...A woman who is gentle...but intimidating at the same time. Her confidence is what lures people closer to her, but also fear her."