The Penpal Project

Introduction

"Okay class, I have a new project for you!" squealed Ms. Hale. The class groaned and some even hit their heads against their desks.

"We just finished one!" whine Jake Mills. He was the class clown, always talking back to the teacher and doing stunts in class. I was always happy when he was in my classes because sometimes he's more entertaining than T.V.

"More is better as they always say, right!" Ms. Hale replied then chugged down another water bottle. I twirled my long brown hair and wondered how a person can comsume that amount of water everyday.

Weird.

After she finished it in like 10 seconds, she set it down then pursed her lips. "Okay, so we're going to start immediatley and I think you all will like it."

"Does it have anything to do with video games or T.V?" asked Johnny Douglas, the school record holder for having the highest score on Temple Run and pretty much everything else.

"No, this one involves writing." Everyone sighed.

"Lots of writing." Everyone moaned.

"Lots of writing everyday for the rest of the year." Everyone started to cry.

"It's a penpal project," Ms. Hale announced brightly then started to pass out pieces of paper. Her heels clicked loudly against the floor as loud as horse hooves. She set down a blank piece of paper on my desk as I continued to twirl my long brown hair. I looked around and noticed half the class was either in la la land or asleep. Go figures. English was probably the most boring class in the school.

"Alright, so as you can see I have passed out a blank sheet of paper. I want you to write a letter to someone, either boy or girl. Then these letters will be sent to different parts of the world at random.  Your penpal will either be a boy or a girl so make sure you put that in mind. Okay, go ahead and write!" Ms. Hale explained. The whole class was silent for a moment, then suddenly someone whispered my name behind me.

"Jenn, how are you starting yours?" I turned around I saw my friend, Brooke. She legit looked just like a model. Her dirty blonde hair was curled in perfection, her bright pink lips made her blue eyes pop, and a scatter of light freckles peppered over her nose. She bit her lip, "How do we start this without knowing who's gonna read it?"

I shrugged, "I'm sorry, I have absolutley no idea." Brooke sighed, "Urgh, this is harder then it seems." I nodded,"But I guess you'll just have to do the whole introduction thing like, my name is, my favorite color is, and so on. That is the only way, young grasshopper." Brooke giggled, "Thank you, master." I smiled and turned around to face my empty sheet of paper. I sighed. Here goes nothing.