Chapter 6

Dear Jenn,

If you want, I'll tell you all of my dare stories but it would end up turning out to be a book instead of a letter.

I told my mate John (remember him?) about his you're from the states, and he explained to me that everything is different there. He went there for vacation a couple of years back and he said it was like entering a different world.

So, do you guys eat squirrels? John said he saw you guys do, and that is absolutely disgusting. Please tell me you don't eat squirrels.

But I'd like to know how things are there. I'm fairly interested in it, love.

I did look up "awko taco" in the dictionary and there was nothing! Sometimes I think you're crazy saying that kind of stuff. Or maybe is it a word you use in America that we don't say here?

I've got another dare story for you and it happened just a few weeks ago.

John and I were bunking school (we don't do it that often) and we spotted some birds near the Sweet Shop. John whispered in my ear and said, "I dare you to just go up to them and ask for a group hug." He chuckled and I replied, "You better come along if you want a hug too." I walked towards the girls with John behind and stood there awkwardly for a second. Thankfully, they didn't see my awkwardness until I opened my arms and yelled, "Group hug!" They all did that girly giggle thing and gave me a group hug! We did it a couple of times and we hung out with them for the rest of the day. It was brilliant!!

I'm off to my classes,

Matthew

P.S What if I paid you €100,000 to do a dare?