Chapter 11

Matt,

I don't know if I should be mad at you or not. That dare that you told me to do just ruined my life.

So after school, I was walking home with my friend Lily. I had told her about the dare and she was estatic about the idea. So when we passed by a small group of people, she cheered me on to do it. Trust me, I was very hesitant at first. But with a big push, I did it.

I swallowed every ounce of fear and walked up to the group. I don't remember any of their faces because I had my eyes glued onto one of the guys the whole time. I put on the biggest smile on my face and hugged him. Yes, I straight up hugged him. Not surprisingly, he was as stiff as a board and wouldn't hug me back. So I cried, "Bailey! It's so nice to see you again! How are you?" I pulled away quickly and he looked down at me with shock written all over his face.

"Who are you?" The words jumbled out of his mouth with uncertainty. My smile slowly faded and I nonchalantly replied, "We were best friends in preschool together." The guy just looked at me like I was the stupidest person in the world. But that's who I felt like anyway at that moment.

After a long silence of awkward staring, he finally said,"Hey wait! I know you!" My mouth dropped. "You do?"

"Yeah! You're that girl who ripped her pants on the playground in front of everyone in like 5th grade."

Roses blossomed roughly on my cheeks. I couldn't believe people still remember that.

That's a story I'll have to tell you some other time. It's a long story.

"Yeah they used to call you..."he paused as he scrunched his face in thought, "..it was something like Rip..." Suddenly, his eyes lit up. "Oh wait! They used to call you Jenn the Ripper! You're Jenn Stone!"

His friends started to laugh and I started to melt away from shame. Without a word, I turned back to Lily and walked away so fast that I almost tripped on my own two feet.

I never want to show my face in public EVER again,

Jenn

P.S. But I'm REALLY excited that you were discovered on YouTube. I'm not surprised, you're really good at singing.

P.S.S I would love to meet you in person too, but you live in a whole different country.