The First Year's Who Missed The Opening Ceremony

Walking into the gates of Kurasuno Highschool was going to be a little difficult. Yuko had ran the whole way from the bus stop and the closed black steel gates where looking a little too tall for the girl of 158cm to simply climb. She looked along the side of the fence and even turned the next corner before, bingo. There was a tear in the wire and with a little effort she would be able to squeeze through. Throwing her bag onto the other side of the fence, Yuko began manoeuvring her torso through the gap. As she lifted her leg to get completely through the tear, the end of her skirt got caught making her sigh.

I don't have time for this. Let's. Move.

Roughly pulling her skirt from the fence, the small fabric torn of the wire fence earning a small sigh from Yuko. After freeing herself, Yuko began running at once.

I need to find the facility room, explain why I'm late and-

Interupting her thought, a bell could be heard throughout the school signifying the end of period 2. Making her way into the school entrance, Yuko removed her outdoor shoes, picked them up and rushed through the halls with them in her hand.

Great, I missed 2 period too, dammit, what do I say as an excuse? I slept in isn't going to really cut it...

"Should I just lie?"

Mumbled Yuko as she began to see students file out of their respective classrooms. She considered asking one of the students for directions.

No one seems really approachable though. Jeez, now im wasting even more time.

As she continues walking a little she sees some leaning against a hall window.

Ah, lucky! He looks friendly.

Yuko POV

"Um, excuse me, I'm looking for the facility office..."

A boy with grey hair and a beauty spot next to his eye looked up from reading the piece of paper in his hand.

"Oh. The facility office is just up ahead..." He gives me a quick look up and down while smiling. "Are you a freshman? I'm heading down that way myself, do you want me to show you?" He asks politely while still giving me a warm smile.

"That would be great, but I'm in a bit of a rush." I replied honestly.

"Ok then, let's hurry. Just follow me"

He lead me down the hall and then to the right. Right on the corner was the facility room. Well that was easy

"Here you are, make sure you knock on the door before you enter." With other quick smile, the boy turned to leave in the same direction we came.

"Um!" I quickly grab his sleeve in attempts to stop him. I still have more to say. I let go off his shirt as quickly as I grabbed it, a bit embarrassed.

"Thank you for helping me. There is just one last thing I want to ask."

He faces back towards me and nods. "Yes, what is it?"

"Where will I find the volleyball club? I heard this school has one." I would have asked the teachers but I don't want to be in that room longer than I have to.

Suddenly he looks a little surprised. The change of atmosphere also makes me a bit uncertain. Does he not know, or...

A genuine smile sweeps across his face as he gains his composure back. Wow his actually gorgeous.

"The volleyball team practises in the Gym near the club rooms. Are you interested in joining our team by any chance?"

Our? "Thanks and yes, I'm interested"

"Great! Dachi will be-" The sliding of the door we were standing outside of interrupted our conversation much to my disappointment. I wanted to hear what he had to say next, he seemed rather chipper about me wanting to join. There goes a chance to make your very first friend.

"Oh Sugawara-san." I look up to meet a rather short, black messy haired man with glasses. "Do you need something at the facility room?" He asked gently.

"Takeda-sensei" The boy beside me remarked.

So this is 'Sugawara-san', I'm glad I got hear his name. Asking would have been a bit awkward since I just ran into him in the hall.

"I was just helping... this freshmen," Sugawara-san gestures to me still grinning, I hadn't formally introduced myself so he doesn't know my name.

Thinking now was a good chance to change that, I introduce myself politely.

"Good morning, I'm Yuko Fujimoto, I'm a first year but unfortunately arrived late to school today." I bow my head slightly, trying to play the part of a good student.

"So your Fujimoto-san! The teachers were just discussing the two freshmen not present at the opening ceremony, i think they were quite concerned" explain Takeda-sensei smiling while he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Is that so..." i quietly say. Can't say thats a big surprise, i knew they would suspect something. But someone else was also late...

"Well then ill be going now" mentions Sugawara-san, waving his hand at Takeda-sensei and I.

"See you after school Fujimoto-san" He winks at me as he moves to make his exit. I wave back, slightly dejected Sugawara-san is leaving me alone with Takeda-sensei.

"Excuse me, ill be entering the facility room now" I say flately, stepping forward to encourage the teacher to step aside. i just want to get this over with...

"Eh? Oh, yes sure" Takeda-sensei meekly moves away allowing me to enter. He seems kind of embarrassed. Was I too informal? Weird teacher acting intimidated by a student. I enter the room anyway nodding to Takeda-sensei as i move past him.

I take Sugawara-san's advice as i knock on the wall upon entering the room.

"Excuse me, My name is Yuko Fujimoto, im a First Year who missed the opening ceremony this morning. Sorry im late."

A/N:

So guys, how am i going so far? Im trying to make the characters as little OOC as possible but its harder then it seems. Yuko is still greatly in development and you dont really know her personality yet but i thought id let you know that shes a little headstrong so if she comes across rude its only because of that.

Ill also be using Yuko's POV from now on as i think it works better :)

I do not own haikyuu! or any of its characters. Yuki Fujimoto is my own character