New classmates

"Because you arrived late, showing you to the dorm and your room will have to wait till after classes have concluded" explained the dean as he stomped down the hall. I could clearly see the seam of his wig from behind and it was making it hard for me to keep a straight face.

"Your in classroom 1-1, don't forget it".

"I wont" I replied curtly. Im not an imbisile.

"Talking like that wont get you very far. Keep in mind you were already late, you dont want me to make a permanent record of this do you?" He slyly remarked.

"...No sir"

"That's more like it" he said smirking like he had won some kind of battle.

It had taken the entire 30mins of recess to explain my lateness, get a schedule, organize my books, get a shoe locker and buy my indoor shoes. I left my bag with all my dorm necessities in the facility office as they told me they would move it to my room during class. The wig wearing dean would probably go through my stuff after this. I didnt have anything to hide but still.

"This is it, make sure you introduce yourself like a good girl." the dean stated. He then turned on his heel and stomped back down the hall. Really? Thats it? He wasnt even going to explain that i was late?

I sigh then look up to see the classroom 1-1 sign above the door. My classroom was at the end off the hall near the stair way. It was also the furthest first year classroom from the facility room. Hallelujah. I do not want to be anywhere near that man.

I grab the handle and slide the door open revealing my new classroom. I dont step into the classroom immediately, instead i take a quick glance to my side to make eye contact with the boy closest to the door. That orange hair, where have i seen it.

"Ahem..."

I make eye contact with the teacher at the front of the classroom, she was obviously giving me a greasy.

"And who might you be?" she questioned in a loud voice.

Deciding its best i play the innocent goodie-too-shoes for now, i bow my head low.

"Excuse me, i didnt realise you had already started class." I quietly answered. "Im also a new student but do to... circumstances, missed the opening ceremony." I look up once again to see the teachers reaction. She didnt look convinced. Come on old hag, cut me some slack already.

"Ahh! Your the girl from this morning! You were the one running to school!" announced the boy sitting closest to the door.

I give him a sharp glare, who the hell are you and what are you saying.

He immediately shut up as his posture went riggid.

"Thats enough, quickly introduce yourself and then take a seat." warned the teacher.

"Yes Ma'am" I move towards the front, closing the door behind me as i hear a few people snicker and whisper in the classroom.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Yuko Fujimoto, I look forward to working with you." I bow then look for an open seat. The only remaining desk is behind the boy with orange hair.

Haha just my luck.

I move towards my seat without a second glance at the boy. Sitting down without much more of a fuss, the teacher resumes her class. I get my pencil case out and then go to ask the person next to me what text book i need. I instantly stop as i feel the death glares. The guy next to me has dark hair with bangs cover parts of his eyes. His looking straight at me, glaring openly. I quirk and eyebrow at him, whats with this guy. He turns his head away from me swiftly, putting his focus back towards the front.

I take back the idea to ask for which text book i need and opt to just look at what his using. The textbook was open however and i couldnt make out any of the small letters on the page from this distance. I stare a little longer trying to make out the words at the top of the page.

"Social studies textbook, pg23" the black haired boy whispers in a deep voice.

I glance up from the book, a little shocked. His still looking away but i can clearly see his ears are red at the top.

"Thanks" i reply quietly.

He nods, not making eye contact.

I get my books out and begin to copy the notes from the textbook as the teacher instructed. Every now and then I glance towards the boy beside me. His kind of stoic looking and i cant read his facial expression. To be honest, it looks like his glaring at his textbook while he copies the words written there. It makes me laugh a little to myself, what did the textbook ever do?

Actually, I dont think my class neighbour is all that bad.

A/N:

Ok so ive finally been able to set the scene. or atleast Yuko's classroom scene. Next is the introduction to the volleyball team and getting to know every ones names (oh and dorms!) For those who read the first 2 chapters before 2/09/14 i suggest you go back and quickly read back over it as ive changed a few things to make getting into the plot easier. Sorry guys! but thanks for reading!

I do not own Haikyuu!! or any of its characters. Yuko Fujimoto is my own character