Chapter:2

It was slow the rest of December. My Christmas wasn't as bad either. I got what I wanted and a few other things. Then the following day went back to work. When school started back, I was glad to go back. It was two weeks before we had a new student. I was sitting in English in the last few minutes when there was a knock at the door.

One of the students closest to the door, opened it letting whoever it was in. I sat on my phone as a guy came in and took a note to the teacher. "We're just in here for a few more minutes." She said to him. He nodded. Then went to find a seat for ten minutes.

I kept to myself as the guy sat down behind me. I couldn't place who he was. His face was familiar but I couldn't place it. When the bell rang I was gone to my next class. As I sat down in my seat ready for the bell to ring he entered.

He sat down in the back of the class away from people. Then it hit me. Three years ago his family moved to south Texas to start a ranch. He was huge then. Maybe three hundred pounds of pure fat. Now he looks like he's fifty pounds away from three hundred pounds of muscle. I truly regret everything bad I've said about him.

It's tempting to say welcome back to him. I'm not though. He may recognize me from the group that used to make fun of his weight back then. I sat through the entire class trying to pay attention to the math lesson. When I couldn't anymore, I got onto Facebook trying to find him. Then tried Matt's Facebook.

I was able to find his profile that way. There were several pictures of him and Matt together. They both had amazing bodies now. I scrolled down to the very bottom where there was a picture of him before he lost all that weight. Then started to scroll up. I watched every week as he dropped weight. Then at the end of the first year, he got so much skin taken off.

Then he continued in the second year. About mid year he had another reduction surgery on his skin. Then I started seeing pictures of him and Matt. At that point he and Matt were about the same body mass. Then they both started putting on more muscle. I was impressed with the transformation.

They both put on muscle to look good and to work. The last picture I saw was the two of them together. I saved it to my phone. Then went to look at pictures of Matt and I together. I saved a few of those before the bell rang. I packed everything away and went to my next class.

I spotted my ex in the hallway demising another guy smaller than him. I didn't know he was doing that to Matt until Matt messaged me three months into my relationship with this guy. That was the absolute last communication we had. I sat down in my seat in government. A body sat down next to me. I glanced over seeing Matt sitting there.

Then someone sat down behind me. I didn't want to look back. We took notes all of class period until votech had to leave. I got up and left. I went directly out to my truck and got in. It was an eighteenth birthday present from my parents. I grabbed myself lunch before going to the votech. I sat in my truck eating it. Then went inside.

I stood in front of my class waiting. Last few months of phlebotomy before I can go to the LPN program. I made sure I would have a future of my own without my parents help. When the day was over I went directly home. I changed out of my school clothes into work clothes before going out to get Kete. He stood still as I put the hackamore on before hauling myself up onto his back.

As I started down the road a vehicle was slowing down as I rode alongside the road. The window rolled down. "Where are you heading?" Matt asked. "Take a wild guess." I said before moving Akita into a lope. I went ahead of the truck and crossed the road.

I don't want to be mean but, he practically left his uncle hanging and I have to work double while his cousin is at college. When I got to the ranch, I let Kete go to his paddock while I went to clock in. My paycheck is a bag of feed and enough money to pay for lunch, gas, and the electric bill.

As I mucked out stalls, I groomed each horse. By six that evening I was done. I went out to get Kete before heading home.