Chapter:6

Second hour was the first time since I woke up that my stomach was growling. They had given me a ride to school this morning. Carson nudged the back of my chair. I turned around. Second day of giving up food. He reached into his bag showing me some grapes. They weren't much but they were something.

I shook my head. He slumped back. I turned back to my English work. The bag of grapes landed in my lap. He sent me a quick text. 'Please eat them. I can hear your stomach from here.' I gave off a small smile. Then started to eat them.

At the end of the hour I packed up and got ready to leave. Carson was obviously watching me. I've seen that face before. "Don't you dare." I told him. "Too late." He said. Dang it. When the bell rang he followed me out. Matt met us halfway and walked with us to math. I moved a desk to sit in front of them.

"How does dinner sound tonight?" Matt asked. "Depends on what it is." I said. "Either one of us can drop by to pick you up or you can come on your own. Knowing you, you'll shower before going straight to bed to avoid it." Matt said.

He wasn't wrong. "We both could go pick her up. Ash will be cooking so he won't know when we get done." Carson said. "We'll let you shower and change into something clean beforehand." Matt said. These two were trying to be nice. We talked for most of the hour.

When the bell rang, we walked to Government. We took notes all hour. At lunch, I was given a ride to votech. They split the pay for lunch including my meal. Eating something actually felt good. At break, one of them brought me a snack.

Then after class they dropped me off at my house. I grabbed Akita and went to work. About halfway, Trevor told me to take a break. I said that I was almost done. A few minutes later, the rake was taken out of my hands. "You need a break Keegan. You need to drink some water while your at it." Matt said standing in front of me.

I sighed. He picked me up sitting me on the closed stall door. "How much were your parents able to buy Monday night?" He asked. I dropped my head. He picked it up holding my jaw gently and firmly. "Kiki. I said that I would help out with food and groceries. You don't need to go hungry." He said.

"Tell me or Carson when you can't eat. We will get you something." He pulled me to him. I finally broke. "Your quitting early today. Come on." He said picking me up. "Garret will be here in an hour. He can finish for you." He said. Then felt my forehead.

"Yeah. You do need to stop for a little bit. You're starting to run a fever." He said setting me down next to Kete. He quickly put the hackamore on before seeing how I was leaning against my horse. He picked me up again before going to the horse he rode on.

He lifted me onto the worn saddle. Then got up himself. He wrapped his arms around me. One holding the reins while the other had my horse. "Lean back against me." He said. When we got to my house he let me go inside to shower. I ran bathwater and got into the warm water.

There was a knock at the door. "Keegan. Do you need anything?" Matt asked. "No." I answered. He entered the bathroom. "Here. Let me help. It's obvious that you don't feel good." He said. I let him run the nearly hot water over my body. "Come on lean back baby girl."

He held my head up as he ran water through my hair. Then helped me sit up. He helped me bathe before grabbing a towel. Starting to feel better?" He asked. I nodded. "I asked Carson to come by to pick you up on his way back from the feed store." He said. I nodded.

Then went to get dressed. I laid down on my bed curling up in a blanket. "I'm going to head back to put the horse up. I'll even get Akita bedded down for ya." He said before kissing my forehead. I fell asleep shortly after.

I woke up to the door opening. Then a hand on my back. I groaned. I was picked up in my blanket and carried. I could tell it was Carson from his scent. It smells amazing when it's a mixture of their scents. He sat down and asked me to open my mouth.

"Yeah. You've got a fever angel." He said. "Good thing Ash is making soup tonight. I doubt he would mind if you stayed over." He stood up with me in his arms before stopping. "Looks like Matt already wrote a note to your parents saying where you'll be." He said.

I sighed into his neck. He rubbed my back before starting to walk again. The door closed behind us. I could barely feel the cold air thanks to the blanket. He opened a door setting me inside. Then closed the door. Another door opened and shut.

I slid down in the seat to try and sleep more. He ran his fingers through my hair. "Do you think this could work?" He asked. I looked up at him. "Hm?" I weakly asked. "With the three of us." He said. I slightly nodded. I kind of liked this. Two guys taking turns, taking care of me.

When we got to the ranch he backed in and got out. My door was opened. I was picked up. As soon as I was close enough, I could tell it was Matt. "I'll be done in a minute." Carson said. Matt carried from the truck. He opened a door. "Good. Ash must be showering." He said.

Then carried me upstairs. "I'll let you sleep in my room tonight and until you feel better." He said as he opened a door. He set me down on a mattress and went to rummaging around. "I'll be back in a minute baby." He said before closing the door to the hall and bathroom.