Chapter:11

Carson gave me the keys to the house. I moved out of my parents house and closer to that town. It's spring break and I'm working full days all week except Sunday. Every day after votech I've been coming here to get hours in. It's pretty much cleaning up stuff, typing in the computer, anything I can do with my license. I'm super close to getting my phlebotomists license.

It's been easier to breathe without someone breathing down my neck. There were two more appointments for the day then I'm out of here. I typed more onto the computer before hearing a throat clean. They also have me checking people in while the receptionist is gone. I turned from the computer seeing the two faces I haven't seen since school Friday.

"Checking in." Carson said. "Both of you?" I asked. "Yes ma'am." Carson answered. Matt has been distant since I left that ranch. I checked both in before going back to my work. When one was called back, the other was left waiting. Matt was last to go. As I finished up for the day, I got a text asking if I would like to go and get something to eat.

When I was clocked out, I answered saying that we needed to talk about what was going on. I went home and fed Kete before going into the house to change. The doorbell rang. I went to the door to answer it. Matt was standing there with flowers that could only be found in one place.

Our place. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be clingy." He said. I let him in. "Did you honestly go out to our spot and pick the first flowers of the year?" I asked. "It used to be our favorite thing. Then you would take a bundle home to your mother while I did the same." He said.

I smiled. "That's sweet." I said. "Would you like to keep them?" He asked. "I would have to find a vase." I said. "Let's find one real quick. Then we can go get something to eat." He said. We both found a vase big enough for the bundle he brought me. He filled it full of water before we both clipped the ends and put them in the water.

"Is there any place that is good here?" He asked. "Isn't there that Italian restaurant that we went to for my sixteenth birthday?" I asked. "A week before our breakup." He said. "Could we stop living in the past?" I asked. "Anything to make you happy." He answered.

I smiled. He was dressed nicer than I was. "Could you let me change real quick?" I asked. "Don't take too long." He said. I raced to the master bedroom and quickly changed into something nice and fixed my hair before applying some light makeup. He won't notice it's truly there unless I say it is or he sees me putting it on.

Then pulled my nice boots on with some ankle socks. I then added a ring and necklace with my Brighton bracelet before my belt with a wallet built into the buckle. Then grabbed my phone and went back into the living room. Matt let out a wolf whistle when he saw me.

"I definitely remember how nice you can clean up sweetheart

"I definitely remember how nice you can clean up sweetheart." He said. I smiled. He opened the front door for me. Then closed it behind himself. I locked the door before Matt offered to hold my keys. I was in a light wash denim off the shoulder dress that stopped about my knees.

He opened the door for me to the passenger side. "Did Carson drive himself up here?" I asked. "Yeah. He had to leave before me to go pick up feed." He said. So I have some feed for Kete. He closed the door before going around and getting in. "I don't want to crowd you Kiki." He said.

"You weren't. I became too overwhelmed that morning." I said. "That's all you had to say that morning. I don't want to push you." He said. "When you get something in your head, you don't stop until you accomplished it." I said.

He licked his lips while paying attention to the road. "Your too right Keegan. You know me better than Carson does even though we were apart for two years." He said. "And you two were together for one and a half." I said. "Enough about that. You said we should stop living in the past. Let's live for right now and our future." He said.

I nodded. When we got there, Matt said a table for two. We got a secluded table in a corner. It was an amazing evening. Like one we used to have. Lunches at the diner and dinners without his parents. At the end of the night, he walked me to the door. "Do you have to be back at the ranch tomorrow?" I asked.

"Not until nine." He said. "I have to be at the clinic at seven thirty to get some paperwork done for the day ahead." I said. "Would you like to spend the night?" I asked him. "You know what that will lead to." He said. "Do you want to or drive back in the dark?" I asked.

"I'll take my chances with you." He said closing the door to the house before picking me up and pressing me against the wall between his body. He kissed me sweetly before running his hands under the dress. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"I don't have any on me. There mine be a few in my truck." He said. I nodded. He quickly set me down and went back outside before coming right back in and locking the front door. He picked me up again and continued kissing me.

He undid he belt and jeans still holding onto me. Then held me up using his elbows. "Are you sure you want this?" He asked. "I'm sure." I told him. He moved my underwear out of the way. He slid me down entering me as well.

It felt good. He was just as gentle as he was our first time. I could tell he was wanting to be rougher. I kicked my boots off and shoved his pants down with my heels. He growled as he got out of his boots and pants. Then took my dress off.

He let me rip his shirt open before he shrugged it off. "Bedroom?" He asked. I nodded. He carried us into the bedroom and laid back on the bed with me on top. "You know I love it rough." He said. That's how we finished it. Rough.