Chapter:3

^^^^Akita^^^^

The rest of the week consisted of me hearing bickering from Trevor. He's been wanting Matt to come over to let me have a day off for a change. I just might drag Matt over here myself. It's finally Saturday. I just finished taking all of the straw out and am going to pressure wash the stalls.

A truck pulled up as I got to the fifth stall. I got the wheelbarrow and shovel cleaning it down to the concrete. Then hauled it to the compost pile. Then went back to the stall. I completely power washed the stall down. Then used the wide sweep to scrub it. "Geez Copper could you be any more messy?" I asked the horse that was already outside.

"Need some help?" I looked up to see Matt leaning on the doorway. "Clean the stalls out." I said. He grabbed the wheelbarrow and shovel going to the next stall. When I was done there, he wasn't even done yet. "You've been gone too long. Try to scrub." I said. I finished it quickly before dumping and going to the next stall.

I was nearly to the end of the row seeing that he was halfway there. I finished up and grabbed the extra scrub broom. "You know, next Saturday we should race to see who can clean each side faster." I said. "You just want help with your work." He said. "Yeah. I might consider brushing the horses out while you finish." I said.

"How long have you been doing this?" He asked. "Since your parents drug you away." I said. "And my cousin didn't." He said. "Nah. He left for college the following fall." I said. Then continued on. When the first side was done, I went through the other side like it was nothing.

Matt thought I was crazy. "Still think I'm lazy after two years?" I asked. "I never thought that you were lazy." He said. "How's your life then?" I asked. "Found a job and traveling with it." He said. "You sure it has nothing to do with the guy that is on your social media?" I asked.

His face turned beet red despite his tanned face. "How did you know?" He asked. "Your uncle flaunts new pictures of you all the time." I said. "Besides red looks nice on you." I said. He shook his head. "I'm not judging. It's your life." I said leaning on the broom. "Don't break it." He said. "You already did once." I said.

"Yeah. And after you left my butt was bruised with the broken handle." He said. I stopped leaning on the handle. We had two stalls left. "How bout we finish these two stalls before putting fresh bedding down." I said. "Then we can go for a trail ride like old times?" He asked.

"If your allowed to." I said. "Yeah. His brother has him tied up today. That's why I'm here today." He said. "Then let's finish up and head out." I said. We both finished the stalls before letting the stable air out. I called out to Kete getting him up so I could put my hackamore on him.

As soon as it was on, I moved to his side and pulled myself up onto his back. Akita stood perfectly still as I scratched him. Then walked to the doorway of the stables. "You coming?" I asked Matt. He had one of the trail horses.

"I'm surprised your uncle hasn't came out." I said. "He's not here. He went to get more feed." He said. "Perfect." I said. When his horse was saddled up he led the horse out and mounted up. "You know those races we had when we were younger?" I asked.

"The ones that I would let you win?" He asked. "The ones you weren't supposed to let me win." I said. He chuckled. "Ok. I won't go easy on you this time." He said. "Then you better keep up." I said letting Kete loose to run. A saddle and a guy heavier than me will slow the horse down.

As we neared the pond the horse he was on went dead ahead of me. Kete was going full out. He definitely beat me this time. When we got there, he was already dismounted and had the saddle and reins off the gelding. I slowed Kete and dismounted. Then took the reins off the hackamore.

"You know my horse is slower." I said. "Yup. And you owe me now." He said. "What do I owe you?" I asked. He came over to me and picked me up. "It's been too long since it was just us." He said sitting down by the tree with me straddling him.

"I doubt he would mind if I kissed you." He said. I sat back against his thighs. "You sure?" I asked. "Your sitting where he wishes he could." He said. I then noticed that he did in fact have a bulge. "You better keep that to yourself." I said. "I have enough patience. All I'm asking is one more kiss before we have to go back to reality." He said.

"You sure?" I asked. "I talked to him before moving back here knowing that you were still here." He said. "So he's ok if we do?" I asked. "No. Not at all. We could go the whole way and he would not care. He said that if I still wanted you, to do so." He said.

I still didn't understand it. "He's willing to share me with you. He wants to see me happy." He said. I still didn't say anything. He sighed before drawing me to him. His lips crashed into mine kissing me. A hand tangled in my ponytail holding my head closer to his.

When we broke apart, his eyes had that similar spark from two years ago. "I missed you." He said. "I missed you too." I said back. He kissed my forehead. "Maybe with time we could get back together?" He asked. "Maybe." I said.