Chapter:13

They gave me a week off to move down near the other clinic. I only needed a few days. I took the time to help Trevor out on his ranch. When I was done I went out to the place with Akita. Matt texted asking if I was out there. I replied that I was. He said he was coming out. I went out into the water after taking my jeans and boots off.

I unbuttoned my top and slipped it off throwing it down with my jeans. I swam out a little ways before going back up onto the rocks. The warm rocks felt great. Two male voices greeted my ears. I looked up seeing both Matt and Carson coming this way on horseback.

I rolled over putting my sunglasses down. Early May feels really good. My hair being played with made me open my eyes. I sat up seeing it was Matt. "Why is he here?" I asked. "He followed me." He said. "I told him that I had to ask your permission before he could come but he still came. I tried to warn him that you would get upset by it."

I sighed. "It's still bugging ya honey." He said. "It always bugs me. Especially when we were allowed to come out here by ourselves." I said. "I know. He's staying at a distance until you say it's fine. I'm not going to bring him here without you." He said. I looked to see where exactly Carson was. He wasn't that close to our spot. Maybe a hundred meters away at the tree line.

"He moved back to the tree line waiting for you to say it's fine for him to join us Kiki." He said softly. I nodded. "Is it fine if he does join us?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah." I said. He looked towards Carson. "I'll ask you later if it will be alright if he can come here with either of us." He said as Carson rode his horse closer.

I stood up. The rocks slightly burning my feet. Carson dismounted and moved closer. There were snakes hidden in the grass and burrs. I remember the summer we first found this place. We did the best we could to remove most of them. Trevor even came out here in the spring with a mix the following year to kill them off. I guess without much time to tend to this place it really overgrew.

"I always want permission before coming here." Carson said coming up. I didn't move from the edge of the rock. I couldn't go to him because of the sticker patch. "Stickers grew up didn't they." Matt said. "Yup." I said. "We'll knock them off before heading back to the ranch." Carson said coming closer to me. When he was close enough I stood on his boots with my arms around him.

"Beautiful out here." He said. He picked me up. "We still need to pick some flowers to decorate the house with." Matt said. "Any specific?" Carson asked. "One second." Matt said hopping the narrow way across the pond going over to my clothes. He grabbed my boots and socks before coming back.

He put my socks and boots on before stepping back for Carson to set me down. "She knows what she's looking for." Matt said standing back. I picked a mixed bouquet of maybe thirty flowers and greenery. I strolled along near the brush picking for another bouquet.

As I finished picking they were sitting together. Matt was still holding the first bundle. I went to get my horse. They both noticed that I was done picking flowers. Carson jumped up he went to get my clothes. As I was crossing the water I slid and felt a snap. I stopped there and immediately tugged my boot off. It was already swelling up.

I took a deep breath before sitting back. Both were running over. Matt was the first to reach me. "What happened?" Carson asked. "I slipped." I said. "We need to get her to Trevor's to get some ice on it." Matt said. Carson picked me up. "Just set her on her horse, he'll get her there." Matt said. He pulled a rubber band off his wrist and tied the bundle I had together.

"I'll take the flowers." He said. Carson put me up on my horse. "Get going." He said. I used the excess reins to push him. He took off like a 1D barrel horse in a quarter mile sprint for the barrier line. When I pulled up to the stables Matt's cousin was mucking stalls. "Ice." I said riding in. He dropped what he was doing and helped me off. I used Kete to hold myself up while he ran into the tack room.

He came out with a wash cloth and a bag of ice with an ace wrap. He bent down and put the cloth around my ankle before the ice. Then the wrap. I stood letting myself catch my breath before sitting down and elevating my foot. When I heard hooves pounding the ground outside I sat up. They both dismounted and entered.

"Her ankle is iced. Should get her home." He said. Matt and Carson both helped me to my foot. Matt picked me up. "I called for one of the hands to come with a trailer so we're not riding across the ground jolting her ankle if it is broken." Carson said.